January 18, 2007

New Sisterlocks!

Jan. 21: Day 1




































Here they are, my new Sisterlocks! I am so thrilled to have them and they look beautiful. I had two consultants working on my thick & dense hair for 14 hours, and we were able to finish in one day. They said I had well over 450+ locks which is great because I prefer a smaller size, so knowing the number of locks that I really have will remain a mystery for now. My follow up will be next month so now I can just sit back and relax.
~
This installation process was very long and very tiring but well worth it because now I have the locks that i've been looking forward to for so long. Before I left, she moisturized them w/ the SL conditioning cream and I must say that my locks feel soft and bouncy. There was only one mishap with my hair when this was all over, the locks on the right side of my head were shorter than my left side and I knew this was due to sleeping so much on my right side. It looks so funny but I managed to pull it off by styling it a different way lol! Hopefully no body will notice.
~ Sl'd 1 day ~ & loving it
________________________________________________________
Jan. 18:
I have one day left before my SLs and i'm so excited!! My consultant called me the other day to confirm our appointment and informed me that she will have my locks done in one day since she'll have her experienced friend assist her. Even better! After 3 weeks of coloring you can already see my new growth and I continue to receive compliments about my new color so just imagine when people see my SLs with this color! My hair has grown quite a bit since I had my consultation 2 months ago so that pushes the price up a little but I don't mind because I know i'll be getting quality locks. I measured roughly 8"-11" of thick/dense hair so they'll have a lot to work w/ and I let her know that I felt comfortable with 400+ locks, nothing less.
~
I've used up all my conditioners and Friday night will be my last shampooing before the big day. I borrowed 2 dvd's from the Library for my Saturday session and I am ready to get locked while watching them. One thing i'm definitely looking forward to is being able to sport a cute/stylish hat once I have my locks, primarily due to the cold winter season but also just to be cute. Photos coming soon. These are photos of the last two styles I wore w/ my Honey Blonde color before getting my SLs.

22 comments:

SistaLocd said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you. I hope you really enjoy your journey this time around! Can't wait to see pics so kepp us posted!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm excited for you as you already know:-)

You better check in and update us no matter how late you get in! Just kidding :-) I look forward to the pics...your hair is so beautiful and I absolutely LOVE the color.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best with your new set of Sisterlocks!!!!
Maryee :-)

Mimi said...

I'm so happy for you. I hope all goes well this time. Your hair is beautiful! Good luck and be blessed!!

MsJamison2U said...

Your hair is magnificent. The color is so vibrant. Enjoy, Enjoy & enjoy some more. I know you will. Keep us posted on your progress. I am excited for you and so glad you are happy & pleased now.

Creyole's Sisterlock Exodus said...

Simply beautiful! Your consultants did a fantastic job and I'm sure your locks will be even more beautiful in no time at all.

Ally said...

Hey dewdrop your hair looks good and WELL DONE! Sorry about your first experience but you have true Sisterlocks now!!

Freda

daez said...

Hi Dewdrop...
Your new SL's are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and the color is DIVINE! I'm so sorry you went thru the first bad experience, but I'm very happy you followed your instincts and corrected it...

Please keep this blog up...I specifically created my website because of mistakes I made early on, and even later in my loc journey...it helped many many people NOT do the same things EYE did (not saying YOU did anything wrong at all)--but your experience may help others who go thru the same thing follow their instincts, especially the pictures...

Your hair color is my obsession... I think people are probably tired of hearing me talk about REDHAIR... (LOL)..anyway, congrats on your lovely new start with your new Sisterlocks! (((HUGS)))...
....just me...daez

Chosen Vessel said...

Do yo thang girl, show them locks off. Work it!!!!

SistaLocd said...

Wow your locks look amazing they are so full and thick. I hope you enjoy them and welcome back!

naturalmd said...

Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. Your blog was instrumental in me finding a qualified consultant (sisterlocked 1/4/07). Your experience has truly been an inspiration and I so excited that you finally have true sisterlocks! Congratulations!!

Chocolata said...

Yea! You got your locks back - they look wonderful and the color is fierce. Wishing you a wonderful loc journey this time around.

Leighann said...

Your new set of locks look beautful! I'm so glad that you were brave enough to redo them. I think I might have lost heart.

Yes do keep the blog up. We all learn so much from each other.

Congrats!

cheleskilove said...

wow,you've spent alot of money and you have alot of patience.They look nice, Ihope these work well for you!

Mel said...

Congratulations Dewdrop, your hair looks wonderful. Well done for not allowing the first experience to put you off. Keep us posted! :-)

dewdrop said...

Ladies, thank you so much for you compliments and words of encouragement. They really do mean a lot considering the ordeal I went through in the past and i'm so thrilled to see my locks developing at this stage. My hair locks very quickly and they already look like locks so i'll keep you updated w/ more photos.
Love, Dewdrop

Tra said...

Dewdrop,

You deserve to have those beautiful locks and good for you for staying true to what you really wanted for your hair. As consumers we should all be that steadfast!

Tra

n'Drea said...

great pics, beautiful locks. i also think the name of your blog is unique and oh-so-lovely.

btw, please visit my blog, 'cause you've been tagged! (smile)

Valenciajaz said...

Hi Dewdrop. Just stoppin by to let you know you've been tagged.

Go to my blog for more info.

http://valenciajaz.blogspot.com

dewdrop said...

Once again, thank you for your comments. I promise to update my photos soon but i've been busy w/ grad school so i'm trying to sneak in a time to do so.

blackrussian said...

I just read the latest comment you left on my blog. I think you MIGHT be my hair twin! I remember reading your blog and looking at your pictures when I was thinking of getting SLs.

You had just posted these pics when I started my research. I distinctly remember looking at the pictures in this post and thinking: I bet my hair will look like hers...and bracing myself not to be disappointed if it didn't....(Because your new locks rock!) But mine does! Mine have looked pretty mature from the beginning just like yours did.

(How much do you LOVE your hair texture and curl pattern?!)

I know yours was longer to start with, but I'm really hoping mine will grow fast too! I know it is growing fast because I can feel how much I have between retightenings, but I'm hoping it translates into length that I can see like yours.I feel like I can hardly wait until it grazes my shoulders!

Looking forward with keen anticipation to your 6 month post. I'm just three months behind you. I feel a certain kinship with all of the sisters who were locked within 6 months of me because we are all experiencing similar things at about the same time.

Take care!

Docs Locs said...

I'm excited for you. I love blogs with lots of pics! Keep us posted - Newbies like me want to share in the journey with you!