January 15, 2008

1 Year

Happy Lock-versary Dewdrop!!
January 20th is my loc-versary and I am excited. I'm posting this early because i'm busy with school. Below are my 1 year photos, comparison photos of the first day vs. 1 yr. and fun with the camera. Yes that is a mango fruit in one of the photos and I thought i'd pose with it because the colors were radiant and it's my favorite fruit. Thank you ladies for your support and love through this first year and I am enjoying my locked journey more and more.

Year 1:

Comparison photos:
Fun with the camera:

~
What i've learned during my 1st year:
1) Locks are gorgeous, feminine and sexy
2) Being a DIY-er is awesome
3) I cannot go past 6-7 weeks without a re-tightening
4) The SL Shampoo & clarifying shampoos were never my friend
5) My locks are imperfect and I like them that way
6) I don't have to always sleep with a night cap, my satin pillowcase is just fine
7) I'm a coloring addict who is indecisive about whether to stop or continue
8) Thick/dense locks = growing out & down, not just down.

9)
Dare to be different......I feel free.
~
What I want to do:
1) Wear more curls and puffs
2) Treat my locks more gently
3) Try a braid/twist/bantu-knot out, flat-twists & experiment with more styles once my locks are longer
4) Get used to locks being in everything: face, food, clothes, etc.
5) Learn to work with long hair. (Drinking from the water fountain is not as simple anymore ;-p )

24 comments:

Ebony said...

Happy Locaversary! Your hair looks soooo good. I love the color BTW. Have you had any issues with your hair being dry with the color? If so, what do you do to combat it?

Cluizel said...

Happy Locaversary! Your hair seems to grow SO FAST!

Your hair looks great!

Lakia said...

Congrats on making it to your first locversary. Your hair is beautiful and the color looks great on you.

dewdrop said...

Thank you ladies! @ Ebony: I never really had any problem w/ dryness because I made sure to follow up with a conditioning/protein treatment after coloring. Also, every now and then i'll use a moisturizing shampoo.

Meikmeika said...

WOW!! Your hair was a nice length to begin with but has grown so much in 1 year. I agree with the others, your hair color works very well with you.

Meikmeika said...

Oh!!! I forgot to say Happy Locversary!!!!

Journeii said...

Happy Locversary!!! I am in love with your hair. I have admired your locks since I started back in September. Keep the updates coming! They give me something to look forward 2 :)

SistaLocd said...

Happy Lockversary!

Happiest Nappy said...

Happy SL B-Day! They are too pretty!

QueenLi said...

Looks so Nice, Very Nice!! :)

Tra said...

Happy Locversary! Your locks are beautiful.

Maryee said...

Happy Locversary! Love all of your comparison and growth shots. Lovely!!

Valenciajaz said...

Happy 1 year Locaversary. I luv your hair color and will hopefully be getting some soon myself.

DJT said...

Happy lock-versary, our locks are the same age!! Your hair looks great!

Sisterlock Adoration said...

Your locs are beautiful! Happy anniversary.

Tamara Bella said...

Happy Anniversary! You have done a bang up job! Your locks are absolutely stunning! I hope to be as skilled as you are when my locks turn one! U-GO-GIRL!

eyedinity said...

I LOVE your hair! It's so full and and the color complements you well. I like that you are a DIYer one day when I'm not not so chicken I'll join ya. I will definitely track the success your your beauties. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leavin' a comment. I wish you the best.
Eyedinity

Allecia said...

Happy Lockversary! The color and layering of your hair really look beautiful on you.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know if you could tell me who did your last installation. I am in NC and I am willing to travel for a GOOD consultant to do my hair(a nice vacation won't hurt either ;-)) Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

dewdrop said...

Thank you for the compliments and encouragement ladies.

@anonymous: What is your email address?

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm on nappturality.com and that's how I got this website. Can I talk to you one on one though? My email is shollinger1983@gmail.com. I just have some questions about sisterlocks if you don't mind! Yours are so pretty! thank you!

SeZ said...

Happy 1 year to you it looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dewdrop, I am a subscriber of yours on You Tube (as MSBarb1) Your locs are beautiful, simply beautiful, I've had my locs for 12 years, and ever so often I think I'm going to cut them or take them down (they're now touching my butt)But I know now I just don't really want to ever do that, what would I do if I took them down???, I never want to find out LOL. Thank you for your You-Tube videos and may God continue to bless you

dewdrop said...

@Anon: Wow, 12 years! OMG. If you want a change without doing the extreme then you could either highlight your locks, trim them, or, cut them into a cute layered look. If you're not ready to part with them yet or feel unsure, then just let them be until you know what it is you want to do. My goal is to have them reach my tail bone and then i'll probably trim then depending on how I feel. :-)