January 25, 2008

Loc Loops Purchase

I decided to give myself a lockversary present: Loc Loops . I'm a huge fan of curling my locks but I haven't in a while just because all I had were sponge rollers or perm rods and I found that they were snagging at my locks. They were very uncomfortable to sleep on as well. Then as I browsed through the nappturality lock forum, I read a post about someone using Loc Loops and there was even a youtube video about how to use them. I'm a visual learner so this was quite helpful. After doing some research and realizing how inexpensive they were, I ordered a pack so I should receive them shortly.
~

I ordered the 60 pack for $14.95 because knowing how much hair I have, I will probably need to use more as my locks grow longer. I'm excited about trying them so when I do I will post the results. As for now, i'm waiting for them to arrive.
~

Update 1/29/08: I just received my Loc Loops package today. I can't believe how quickly they arrived, just in 4 days!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I left a comment on the last post. I wanted to know who your consultant was. My email address is vwallsmart@yahoo.com

Meikmeika said...

I'm excited for you and can't wait to see pics of your hair after using the Loc Loops!!! I don't style my hair but am always looking for inspiration.

Zedz said...

Hi,

I would just like to say I absolutely love your page. It is so inspiring and I check it nearly everyday to see if there is any new information posted. Cant wait to see the new hairdo with the Lock Loops!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I absolutely love your locks!! They are awesome, the color is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what color you use? I cant wait to start using color, I've only had my sisterlocks for 8 mths, so i'm waiting until they completely settle. Also, I just ran out of my starter shampoo, do you suggest I buy another one, or use something else? Thanks for your help

dewdrop said...

@zedz: I'm glad to be an inspiration and i'll be posting more pics. soon. I just need to upload them first ;-p

@anonymous: I used many colors in my hair but my most recent one was Light Golden Blonde by Dark & Lovely. I would recommend for you to wait until your locks have completely settled because I encountered some bunching after coloring. Use a shampoo that works for you. The starter shampoo irritated my scalp because of my scalp condition so I couldn't use it except on the shaft of my locks. After that I just started using another shampoo. Personally, the SL shampoo seems more watered down now as compared to the one I used when I had my first set. I don't think it's mandatory except in the beginning so feel free to explore other shampoos but stay away from anything with a softener in it.

Anonymous said...

thanks alot dewdrop, that really helps, I will soon explore with different shampoos. Your locks are awesome, keep it up!

SistaLocd said...

I can't wait to see the results. Thanks for stopping by my page a while back! Guess what you have been tagged! Check out my blog for instructions.

Lockloveaffair said...

Hi I was looking at your blog and your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! Lock On!

SeZ said...

I love the color still on you. Any regrets at this time? Plz share