April 29, 2008

Curly Locks @ the Gym

Normally I put my hair up in a lock puff when I go to the gym, but today I decided to just let my locks hang loose. I've been enjoying my curls so much after using Loc Loops because they last longer than a week and they feel so fun and bouncy. Any way, as I worked out I couldn't help but feel eyes all over my head because everywhere I turned, there were at least 2 people staring but then they'd quickly avert their eyes in another direction. Man, I have a lot of gazers I guess. I thought that was hilarious but at least they fed their curiosity. That's the one thing I like about my locks, they evoke curiosity in people. One trainer took a peek many times and i'd give him a friendly but quick smile and move on to the next machine. Anyone who knows me knows that when i'm at the gym, i'm there to work out and avoid socializing because i'm trying to get in and get out. That's a real athlete for you. I can socialize another time. I give myself 1 hour and put on the "i'm working out don't talk to me" face and people get the message.....except for one of my acquaintances who works as a trainer at my gym. He's cool and will ask me when my next marathon is or what race i'm training for. When I work out, my hair flops all over the place but I don't mind because I find something sexy about the way locks fall all over the place after bending down, stretching, or getting up etc. I don't know, maybe it's just me. When I came home, I took these photos just because I was curious about what those gym-buffs were viewing from their angle. I don't make a big deal about it but now I can see why my locks attract attention. This is an adventure.

12 comments:

Cluizel said...

your hair is ridiculous!!! looks great!

Allecia said...

That is quite the site! Even with your serious face on, I'd still have to come over and ask you about your hair.

Lockedwithpatience said...

your hair looks really good. i'm so jealous. how are you gonna tease the guys but then give them a face to suggest you don't want to conversate? that's cruel.

Naturally Sophia said...

You definitely have bragging rights. How beautiful!

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies!

@lockedwp: Trust me, i've had my share of pick-ups, perverts and stalkers and I don't need anymore. I pray for protection too because there are some crazies out there.

Naseema said...

Work it girl!!! Your locks are hot, I can see why your such a spectacle.

goingallnatural said...

This is such a good pic of your locs! I remember seeing your pix when I first heard of sisterlocks and I have wanted them ever since. thanks so much for all your help after asking a million questions through email! My consultation went well and I got my test locs put in today and I love my consultant! I'm really looking forward to this!!!

knotsnlocks said...

ooowee dew! how do you DEW what you do? I work out too and I ALWAYS keep my hair up! :-) but on the serious, i take them down once i get through with the cardio. i can do them down while doing weights and yes, it is something HOT about how they bounce!

Meikmeika said...

I can't blame them, your locks are gorgeous!!

SistaLocd said...

Just beautiful! By the way I finally ran my first 5K! I'll write a lil bit about it in my next post. Take Care

Eyedinity said...

Your locks are so beautiful. People stare because they're intriqued.

Also, I must say that there is nothing like details for those of us who need info on things we want to learn about, especially trouble-shooting issues.

I am locke now, but I'm taking them down to start a second set. I read how you did this and I just purchased some conditioner.

Thanks for the details and the care you put into your posts and pictures. I love them!

Be well and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Kalia,

GIRL you are hilarious :-) I did the same thing lask week because I forgot a scrunchie and wow did I get looks, and lots of introductions:-)I guess my "I'm in a zone" face doesn't work as well. It's definitely the best workout hair since I know it looks good no matter what direction I put my body in. YOU GO Girl!
-Mo