June 11, 2008

1.5 Years and still going strong!

Tomorrow is my birthday and as an early b-day present I visited my relatives in Jamaica last week. I will post photos of my trip next time I blog.
~
Change In Lock Maintenance
I finally reached my 1.5 year mark and it's amazing how time flies by. I can't believe that I actually have locks! As silly as it sounds, sometimes I forget until people remind me 'oh I like your locks!'. I guess that's what happens when your hair enthusiasm begins to settle once you've reached that maturity stage, or at least that's what I think. Anyway, i've decided to make a few changes in the way I maintain my locks. For starters, i'm attempting to re-tightening my locks every 4 weeks as opposed to 5-6 weeks because I find that in doing so, I only need to make one rotation and my session is shorter. I realize that in the past my sessions took longer because of so much new growth requiring two rotations for each lock. Secondly, I changed the way I tie down my locks at night since I must accommodate my growth and avoid a bed-head look in the morning. None of my friends have seen my new color or growth in the past month so they are in for a big surprise.
~
NEW COLOR

Guess what I did? I dyed my hair darker and I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time. What do you think? I really like how my eyebrows turned out. Here's the coloring story: As you know, i've been debating about whether or not to continue dyeing my hair golden blond. After noticing the obvious drastic color difference at the demarcation line in my sis's grad. photos, and disliking what I saw, I knew I had to make a decision soon. My color turned brassy and didn't have that nice golden glow to it anymore, the idea of touching up the roots annoyed me, and I needed a change anyway. After seeking her advice, she agreed to color my hair for me (how sweet) and she did an excellent job despite our circumstances (continue reading). She used two dark reddish-brown bottle colors by Clairol (can't remember what exactly) but half way through the process, we ran out and ended up using another dark brown color by L'Oreal to finish the back (an extra bottle of color found somewhere in the house, thank goodness).....but even then it wasn't enough to cover the entire back. So now I have one color on the top/front, and another color in the back and this is the result. I am very pleased with the results and my locks look more healthy and rich with these colors. At first I had to get use to the change because i've always had my hair a lighter color, but now I can have my roots grow out and the demarcation line won't be as obvious anymore. Yay!
~
SISTER'S GRADUATION


My sister graduated in May from the U.niversity of P.ittsburgh L.aw S.chool as the P.resident / V.aledictorian of her class and i'm so proud of her. Next year will be my turn to graduate from Business School. [Top row]: Giving her class speech; photos of the two of us; photo of the school's tower. [Middle row]: Inside of school tower ceiling; a walk around the city to visit the Carnegie museum, library, music hall etc. [Bottom row]: Celebrated at a church-bar (vacant church turned into brewery/restaurant and they have plenty of those out there); my meal was grilled salmon topped on mashed sweet potato w/ a fruity gravy and spinach on top. YUM!

4 comments:

Allecia said...

Wow! Your sister must be one hard worker to take that honor. You and your family must be so proud of her.

I'm liking the new color. Can't wait to see pictures of your trip to Jamaica!

Meikmeika said...

Congratulations to your sister!!!!!!!

Both your hair color and eyebrows look great!!!

Naturally Sophia said...

I like the new color, you look great as always. I am starting to think you never have a bad day. The food looks yummy!

Your sister rocks! I am proud of her without knowing her. That's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You both look great. What an amazing accomplishment for your sister!!! Law School is a beast and to graduate at the top of her class...that's something! And you in B-School. Your family is doing it.

EarthyDiva