June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dewdrop!!

Yes, that's right. Today is my birthday! I woke up with joy in my heart and I am so excited and thankful to be healthy and alive to see another year, praise God! As far as my celebration plans, as an early b-day present I spent last week in Jamaica visiting my relatives and had a wonderful time. This weekend my family plans to take me out for a lovely meal and over the next several weeks I will celebrate with my friends, some of whom are June babies as well. Right now i'm battling a mild flu and just resting this week, so much for going out with my family, but I hope to be better by next week. I am excited about my age and getting older because I do believe in the whole "with age comes wisdom" and "women are like wine, they get better with age". Call me a non-conformist to society's expectations about obsessing with being young and grieving about getting older, but I choose to celebrate life as it approaches me one year at a time. I know plenty of women who have aged gracefully and celebrate their age, and to me that is beauty.....that is freedom. I'm also excited about wearing locks at this age and my curiosity is building as to how they will look 2-4 years from now. I have an idea but only time will tell, so as for right now i'm enjoying my journey. (Above Photo: On the grounds of New Castle in St. Catherine, Jamaica admiring the beauty of this flower).This is the birthday cake that my family bought me for my birthday. It's from Patticakes in Pasadena and it tastes very good! It's a white cake with strawberries and cream, and those white chocolate shavings just melt in your mouth, my goodness! :-p

17 comments:

Kandgoods said...

oh happy belated b-day sorry I missed it!
You came back from Jamaica with a flu? lol, how does that happen? Well I hope you have a great weekend! x

Naturally Sophia said...

Happy Birthday! Beutiful photo: 2 flowers. Have a great weekend!

STI said...

Happy birthday!!!! I hope you feel better soon! You seem to have such a wonderful spirit! =)

Allecia said...

I hope you enjoyed your birthday despite being sick. 26 is a good age to be!

Kwasmrs said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Lakia said...

Happy B-day, and I wish you more bappy days to come

anthia said...

You're so wise. Reading your post confirmed my thoughts about age and wisdom.(I'm 47) The important thing is, you never age on the inside. And when you're beautiful inside, it shows on the outside. Happy bithday, girl.
Ofo

Purpleicious said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Free P. said...

Happy Birthday may the Most High Bless you with more!

cheleski68 said...

happy bday!

Saabira said...

I know Im all late, but better late than never. Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day while Celebrating yet another year on this earth

SistaLocd said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

sunsail said...

yaaay! Happy birthday!!! :)

dewdrop said...

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes! They definitely helped me through my sickness.

@kandgoods: I think there were too many germs on the airplane.

Helga said...

Yes, Happy B-day, and good for you for celebrating your life each year!

Locksuluv Hair Affair said...

Happy B-lated!!! I hope your birthday was wonderful..May God continue to Bless you richly!!!

Kumina said...

Hey! We share the same birthdate! (Many years different tho)
Happy belated birthday to you!