July 06, 2008

Flower Accessories



This is one of my favorite styles but I don't wear it that often just because being tender headed it is hard to wear a head tie for so long. My church had service in a park today with a picnic following the service and I decided to wear something cute and off my shoulders since I would be in the sun most of the day. A Hawaiian friend of mine bought me these beautiful flower clips when she returned from the island and I received so many compliments. I enjoy wearing them so much!

I decided to make swoop bangs to the side in the front and wear a curly puff in the back.This is what my locks looked like the night before (with the same accessories) when I attended a wonderful family-oriented Latin Jazz Salsa Samba Reggae Concert in the park where everyone brought blankets and a picnic basket.
~
Tea Time
 

I visited my friend of 18 years and it was such a delight to see her. We socialized at this quaint coffee shop, had amazing discussions and had a blast. These photos show my freshly tightened locks and I really like the sheen in my virgin hair so i'm thinking of maybe growing out my current color. Initially I planned to just color my new growth a warm dark brown but now i'm thinking twice about doing this.

8 comments:

QueenLi said...

Looks so nice, Very Nice! :)

I have my updates! Look at what I did!!

Meikmeika said...

Beautiful!! For those who get stuck with ideas on styling their locks, they need to visit your blog! Love the flower clips!

QueenLi said...

Hey Lady, that is the reason I chose "human hair" in case some of it gets tangled up in my hair...
I also plan to cut off an inch every year, so it will all be gone anyway! {soon}
Love the "Flower-UpDo" :)

Naturally Sophia said...

I love your styles. The flowers perfectly compliment your hair color and the style is very sophisticated. You are such a SL muse for me.

Helga said...

Ditto on loving the flowers! Also, I am checking out your earrings, waaayyyy cute!

knotsnlocks said...

now that is just toooo precious! i just noticed that your hair is layered like mine! i don't find that too much.

dewdrop said...

@helga: I bought my earrings during my stay in Jamaica and they are perfect because they are more visible than my other earrings since my locks have grown longer.

@knotsnlocks: I never trimmed my ends since my 2nd big chop so that's why my hair is evenly layered.

Hannah Ranay's said...

Dewdrop-

Your hair is awesome! The styling that you share reflects the joy and pride you take in your hair. Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration!