July 12, 2008

Running Gear

True Life: I'm a runner....

Many of you already know by now that i'm a runner and not only do I enjoy it but I find it very addicting. I've been doing this since the age of 4 so i've been running for over 20 years now, a former sprinter turned distance runner. I meet with my running buddies on Saturdays and I badly needed a new pair of running shorts, so I went into the store today with good intentions and instead came out with an entirely new running wardrobe. LOL! Before I could grab the first pair of shorts in sight, I saw a wall full of colorful tops (on sale!) straight ahead and I had to buy them because they came in size "long". See, i'm a hard to fit size due to my height and frame so I did what any normal tall person would do, buy the whole rack.....well, I actually just bought one in every color like I normally do when something fits me. I'm a fan of color so of course I went for the brightest and boldest colors.
~
I also bought two running shorts and I found a running skirt!! I've seen many ladies wear this style when I go running because it provides privacy for those tight spandex shorts underneath, it's cute and it's girly! Initially I was anti-skirt when if first came out but this pair fit me well and looked good on me so I had a change of heart. I am participating in the Pasadena Marathon (the half actually) in November so i'm training for it right now. I am so excited about my new gear and can't wait to wear it. I know this seems a bit much but tall people, you know that when you find something that fits you, you must buy it in bulk because you know that you won't see it again anywhere else........you know exactly what i'm talking about.

7 comments:

Helga said...

See, I think you are onto something. Maybe a new workout wardrobe would help me generate more enthusiasm for exercise! I am sweating it out in the gym 5 times a week, but I still admire people like you who take pleasure in it. You go girrrl (literally :-)

Kandgoods said...

I know, I can never find jeans long enough to fit me. If I do they cost the world so we have to go crazy when we find the right pair! I say Kudos to you girl!

dewdrop said...

@kandgoods: I posted information on your blog about where you can buy long jeans with up to a 37" inseam for ($15-$40) online. www.alloy.com, click "shop now", click "denim" at the top.

Meikmeika said...

I can understand...when I find a top that fits me (since I have biggins) I buy as many colors as possible. Since you already know you'll definitely be using everything you purchased you did good!!!

I admire you for being committed and addicted to running...I've rarely even worked out in my life and getting into it is very hard..

Kandgoods said...

Thanks Dewdrop I had a look on there and instantly recommended the site to several of my tall friends. It's great!!

Allecia said...

Cute outfits! I only have one pair of running shorts and lots of t shirts I've collected over the years. Maybe getting better running outfits would motivate me to get back to running again.

Natural Nicky said...

I totally understand the difficulty of finding clothes for tall people. I am 5'10" and often have difficulty finding pants that fit my long legs. I'm glad that you were able to get some cute clothes.