July 06, 2008

Wedding Up-do

I was invited to a wedding ceremony in Arizona for two of my friends from church and needed to create a wedding up-do and fast! I watched lock-updo video tutorials and mixed & matched my options. An up-do was my first choice because I didn't want to deal with hair on my neck during my stay in AZ heat. It was 112 degrees by the way. The front is cross over basket weave, the back is flat twisted up to the top of my ears, and the rest is just a curly puff secured with a thin head band. Thanks to Monica's style, I was on my way. I had way too many bobby pins holding my style in place and thankfully it lasted for all 3 days until I took it down. I am quite tender headed so this was a challenge.

5 comments:

Meikmeika said...

You look stunning! How long did it take you to style your hair?

dewdrop said...

Thank you. OMG, I spent probably a good 3 hours playing around with different styles before I settled on this one, but the flat twists in the back took about a good hour. Initially I planned on doing flat twists all around and into a puff but then it looked weird so I had to go back and take them out/redo them.

Free P. said...

I wish I could have seen this photo before my brothers wedding. Ah, my hair is too short anyway! Your hair was simply gorgeous!

cheleski68 said...

love it!

Naturally Sophia said...

Gorgeous!