November 05, 2008

Lock-Hawk

LOCK-HAWK


Sunday morning I woke up with the left side of my locks falling straight, and the right side curled up. I thought that my curls from the previous day would last but that morning my locks did their own thing. It looked so weird when I tried to wear it freestyle so I had to create a quick fix style. I grabbed some big long bobby-pins and just made a Lock-Hawk which turned out fabulous. I know that b-pins are a no-no and one was caught in my locks which took me some time to get out. Maybe I could try wearing large banana clips but most of them come with teeth and I think that my hair is too thick for them, so i'll have to figure something out. This one was a big hit at church and I received so many compliments. I felt such a rocker-chic that I put on my Dr. Martins, made cat-eyes with my eye makeup. wore a cool choker and went on my way.
~
BANTU-KNOTS

This is probably the best set of Bantu-knots that i've made with my locks but it hurt my scalp like heck and I didn't sleep well that night. I tried my best not to make them too tight but since i'm so tender headed I think that I might limit how often I wear this style. Yes, my curls usually last longer but I can't endure the pain.

This is the result but for some reason they drooped so much in the back. Maybe that's what happens when you have more length. It looked so weird and I did my best to rock the style but after a week I gave up because it looked weird to have tight curls on the side and loose curls in the back.

As you can see in the photo on the left (flower in hair) the curls drooped tremendously. I went out with my family to celebrate my parent's anniversary and added a flower to my hair to make it look more jazzy.

10 comments:

The Real Nique said...

You hair always looks so lovely. The dropped curls with the flower is always one of my favorite styles you wear and the mohawk it too cute.

escoveitch said...

I'm green with hair envy. Your hair looks fabulous.

Thandi said...

LOL. I did a plain old braid out after washing my hair yesterday and it was a disaster when I woke up. Hair in every direction but the right one! Like your hair styles!Here a lochawk would be a HUGE hit. Mohawks aren't exactly standard for anybody, biker chics included.

niada said...

the loc hawk looks great. I like that it is like a low pony. I am so ready for a loc hawk. I try that style every week, but I don't have enough hair yet.

So said...

your pictures are great! you look beautiful.

Goodnapps said...

You always create some marvelous hairstyles. They are all gorgeous.

cheleski said...

i love ur creativity! i emailed ur friend back. hopefully it helped. no word back. i sent links as well.

iasade said...

Your loc hawk is FIERCE!!! I LOVE IT!!!

HappilyNappilyNish said...

Fabulous Lady, just fabulous and so full !

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies. I really like the lock-hawk too but I can't deal with all those bobby-pins.