January 28, 2009

Buns, Curls, & Puffs

MESSY BUN


Now that my hair has grown a little longer, I tried the messy bun style again and it came out nicely. I avoided this style for a while only because I had issues with short ends sticking out of the lock and causing the bun to come undone so I didn't know what to do then. I still have a few short ends sticking out but at least my bun stays intact so it's not so much of an issue anymore. Oh, and of course I have to wear a flower in my hair. :-)

CURLS

As much as I like my loc loops, I haven't been using them that often but this time I did and unfortunately I didn't wrap my curls tight enough so they are kind of loose and straggly. I also quickly learned that lock length will cause curls to drop a little, so I need to come up with another plan to make my curls last a little longer. The other thing too is that since my locks have become thicker, it's a little challenging to roll my hair and attempt to make the curls last.

LOCK-PUFF
Lately i've been wearing this lock puff/tail when I work out or go running and my locks are now long enough where I don't have to pull them tight to get them to stay in the hair band anymore. This was one of my goals and it's very important since i'm an avid runner. I took my hair tie and looped the clip through the circle part and the string several times just to shorten it and make a smaller hair tie before wrapping it around my locks. This is great! I can adjust my hair tie to keep it long or make it as short as I want to. (Top pics show the hair tie and the bottom pics show a regular hair band).

8 comments:

Brown ButtahFly said...

All the styles look great!

I so luvv... your hair!

Take Care

Naturally Sophia said...

Perfection as always. I especially love the hair tie.

anthia-ofo said...

how do you make a loc bun?

dewdrop said...

@ofo: First, I make a ponytail then open up the middle so it sprawls out and take another band and place it over the locks. It's just like when you make a bun using a scrunchy under neath your hair and then placing another one over it to keep the bun intact. The only difference is that i'm not using a scrunchy.

Lilly said...

hey miss lady. i saw your pics over at the loc loops website! (i went there to admire my own pics! LOL!!!) i was like, that girl looks familiar!

dewdrop said...

@Lilly: LOL! Yes, those are some old pics. I submitted them because I was excited about Carole's product and wanted to show pictures of what the curls looked like on short locks (my pics. are on the bottom). Your pictures are so beautiful btw!

Phoenix Rising said...

I love wearing flowers to and I can't wait until my hair is long enough. Keep doing what you do because it looks marvelous.

NubianSoul said...

Love the hair. I can't wait for my hair to get to that length so I can rock the curls more freely. Even the messy bun...the only way i can keep those shorter locks to stay put is by sticking them with hairpins.

Great blog by the way.