February 23, 2009

Video: Braidout



So I chose to experiment with the video feature on my camera and make a little video of my braidout. I can only record up to 3 minutes at a time. but at least I was able to have fun with it. I created a you.tube account and posted both videos on there which I really had no intention of doing, but I might as well since I made them so here they are: Loc Braidout Video 1 & Video 2. I also tried something new which I hadn't done before.....I use a product on my locks...*gasp*....yes, that's right. I never use products on my locks except for shampoo of course, but I used Aloe Vera gel on my locks. During my loose-haired days, I always used fote 100% Aloe Vera gel when making two strand twists and this was the only product that moisturized my hair and didn't irritate my scalp. What I did was wash my locks and then towel dry them, but left them damp and slathered each section with AVgel before making cornrows. I left them in overnight to air dry and the next morning I unbraided each row. The front came out great but the back didn't dry completely so I had waves instead of crinkles.
~
I'm not so sure that i'll use the gel on my locks again just because I didn't see any difference from when I hadn't use any products on previous braidouts. However, my locks feel much softer than before so maybe it's a good thing.


11 comments:

Kicukalah said...

I love this style on you! I think it compliments your facial features. Beautiful!
Btw the braidout is my staple hairstyle being that I still have relaxed ends.

euphoria said...

your hair is gorgeous no matter how you wear it, and love the pony with your head scarf

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies! I make sure to keep my cornrows loose near the roots because i'm very tender headed. I think i'll try this style again but I wish that my locks would dry faster sometimes so that I can get the full crinkly look.

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

That's my favourite hairstyle to do with my locks, and certainly easier to sleep on than the setters.

Question: What is the difference in the effect if you plait as opposed to cainrow or vice versa?

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

Yes, I almost forgot your hair looks gorgeous. :D

Anonymous said...

Your hair is very beautiful

dewdrop said...

@Chin: I explain the difference between the two in this post: http://kalia-dewdrop.blogspot.com/2008/08/braid-out-method-plaits-vs-cornrows.html

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

Thanks!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Beautiful as always! Thanks for sharing!

Amba said...

Congratulations on your MBA. Your hat sat well on the Sisterlocks. Your hair just keeps on growing. Thanks this video demo was really useful

MsNaNa said...

Dewdrop... apparently my comment didn't post. For the record... your hair looks great. I do like the crinkles post braids. Once I get length I will definitely try it. :) I wanted to ask you how you get your pics to show up in the four boxes instead of one-by-one. Could you give me a quick tutorial? lol. No video necessary. lol. Thanks.