March 08, 2009

Flexible Head Band


After breaking one of my hair ties and stretching out all of my pony tail holders, I decided to try something different. Hard head bands always snapped in half when I attempted to try them on or even wear them and I have too much hair to begin with. I purchased this flexible head band with an elastic cord and I knew from when I tried it on that this would be perfect for my locks. The best part is that it bends easily and can stretch to accommodate my thickness. Better yet, it's great for me to wear during my workouts so that I can keep my locks out of my face. This was the only style that they had, but i'll return to the store in the near future to see if they have other styles. I wore a similar head band when I wore my puff and it was great, but I gave it away thinking that I didn't need it anymore. I am really enjoying my new head band!

6 comments:

Kay exquisite said...

hey this is a nice headband, I dont know if you have a Claire's near where you live but they have pretty nice headbands similar to this one and a lot of them are on sale now.

dewdrop said...

@Kay: I do have a Claire's near me, but do they have the same exact style? My locks reject regular head bands because they won't stay on or they just break. Thanks for the tip!

Kay exquisite said...

yeah from wht I can see from the pic, ur head band has like a spandex band at the back, they have quite a few like that, some are thinner though, and some look like ribbons but they have the spandex in the back. Have you tried the hard head bands with the tie at the back? those might work for you, they would give you the same look and they have the tie in the back to secure it on your head without a lot of stress to your hair.

dewdrop said...

@Kay: It is something to consider however, anything hard always hurts my head especially when it digs into the sides above my ears so I usually avoid those accessories. Thanks for the suggestion!

msfullroller said...

I've got a couple of headbands with the stretchy thing in the back like yours from Walmart. I really like these type too.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Hey Dewdrop, your locs are looking beautiful as always! I found some at a closeout store a few months ago called BigLots. I paid $1.00 for a set of soft headbands. I have the hard headbands with the ties. They do not stay in place too well!