May 12, 2009

Green Pastures




It's reflection time. How do I feel about my locks right now? Honestly, I would have to say that i'm quite comfortable with the appearance, growth, color and size of them. It has been a while since I took a picture of my locks from behind just because I was waiting to pick-up my new camera and some time had passed. I notice a subtle difference in the appearance of my locks...they look fuller and a little bigger. This isn't surprising however because i've been told that they will end up this way as they grow out each year. Most of the puffiness seen in the bottom half of my locks is a result of bunching from coloring my hair, but it really makes my locks fuller and I like this. The top half of my locks are a little thinner and the pattern is more visible than the bottom because i've been using a 4 pt., but now that i've switched to a 3 pt. i'm expecting them to look more like locs without the pattern. It's hard to see what i'm talking about in these photos, but if you look at the photo in my previous post where my locs are hanging upside down, then you'll see the pattern.
~
I can't believe that it has been 2 yrs. and 4 mo. since being locked and the idea of me reaching my 3rd year excites me! I've always wondered what it felt like to have your locks for 3 or 4 years. I'm even more excited about how the appearance of my locks will change now that i've switched to a 3 pt. pattern. I'm guessing that they'll be even fuller which means that i'll have to keep my latch-hook handy for those locs that I already have difficulty fitting through my NL tool. The idea of having tiny locks had always been appealing, but in actuality I think I truly prefer small to medium locs. For some reason it just feels right and personally I think it looks better on me. Who knows? I may end up combining several more locs in the future because there are some delicate ones hiding in my head. I'll give them some time and if I feel that they need support then i'll combine them. As for right now, I feel at peace with my locs.

15 comments:

SacredAngel said...

I really like the way your locs look.

Nubian1 said...

Hey Dewdrop, how do you get your photos to sit side by side the way you have it here?

As usual locks looking good!

Phette said...

your locs r gorgeous, so neat & manicured. i like the size of your locs. keep up the good work!!

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

Gosh I aspire for my locks to reach that length and look like yours one day. They are awesome. I can imagine how excited you are at the prospect of what they will look like in 3-4 years if they look so majestic already at year 2.

QueenLi {Spiral_Loc} said...

Nice, Very Nice! :)

I am waiting for my locks to get that long!

Take Care~

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

It's amazing how intimate and in touch with one's self and hair one gets when they become a DIYer though. Who to better understand your needs and concerns than yourself, and when you been through the joys and "lows" of your locks over a matter of weeks, months, years, your knowledge base of yourself and your hair becomes immeasurable. I mean, could you see yourself going back to a consultant now, after doing your locks yourself for so long?

dewdrop said...

Thanks everyone!

@Nubian1: When you upload your photos you can select what size you want them to be (S,M,L). I select small and then I arrange them next to each other before I publish my post. You can also make your photos left aligned, right aligned or centered.

@CLLP: Isn't it? Well said! I feel that our blogs express exactly what you have described. I really can't imagine myself going back to a consultant now knowing that I could easily do x,y, or z myself. I love the freedom I have now.

Naturally Sophia said...

At peace with my locs is something I didn't really feel until around 18 months. I feel alot of what I was feeling is how people expected my locks to look.

I think I prefer larger locks also because it looks more locked and less braided. Recently, 4 of my locks were combined, I feel silly for fretting over it in the first place.

As always, your locks and blog look perfect.

Nubian1 said...

Thanks Dewdrop, I tried it once but with medium pics they looked okay when i was setting it all out initially and when I went to publish they just did their own thing. Okay....so I will try the small pics...fingers crossed.
Thanks once again Dee

NappTown said...

Your Locks are so nice. Absolutely beautiful!! You do such a good job maintaining them. I learn so much from your blog. Keep up the good work! :-)

Jena Evans said...

Congrats on your growth... Your locs have grown so beautifully. The larger locs look great, too!

I hope the shift from 4 to 3 works excellently!

blessings!

Naturigurl said...

Hey Kalia

your locs are looking beautiful. Just wanted to let you know I tagged you for the Kreative blogger award. I was tagged and had to list 7 things I loved and choose 7 recipients as well. Anyway no obligation but just wanted you to know your blog is awesome and inspireing.

Nat

Thandi said...

Beautiful as usual!

anthia-ofo said...

I love your locs and the size is just perfect, the growth phenomenal. Oops, I see you've already been tagged for kreativ blogger. I tagged you too!

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies!

@Naturigurl: Thanks for tagging me for the Kreative blogger award and thanks for your awesome comment.