June 08, 2009

Classic Bun



---;---,--{@@@


I'm part of a community choir and dance troupe in my city and we had our annual spring concert a few days ago (i'll share more about this later). Knowing that I had a dance piece and solo to perform, I tried to think of ways to keep my locks out of my face and ended up wearing one of my favorite classic styles. I've always been a big fan of the side swoop bang and bun style, even when I had my hair in extensions. My locks are nearly long enough to pull off this style, but not without the help of a hair net. First I put my locks in a pony tail, then a made a side swoop with my bangs and pinned them down on the side. Some of my locks are still a little too short to create a bun so I placed a hair net over the puff and pinned it down with bobby pins. I placed a red flower in my hair because we were required to wear black tops with jeans and an accent color. I grabbed my bag of fabrics, took out a scrap of shiny red organza, cut and hemmed the edges, ironed it flat and tied it around my neck as a scarf/accessory.

This is the hair net that I used to make my bun.

I joined a community choir earlier this year and this is a photo of me on the right doing my dance solo. . I like my choir so much because we are such a unique and diverse group and everyone is amazingly talented as a performing artist. They are an answer to prayer because being a part of a group like this one is something that my heart had always desired. There are so many things that I could be doing, but the creative and performing arts are one of my passions so I pursue this on the side. The Lord is definitely doing some amazing things in my life and i'm grateful to Him because this is who He created me to be and it serves His purpose for my life.

10 comments:

Aya said...

Nice bun. I'll be so happy when my locks are long enough to pull off a style like that. Very nice.

Ms. Crown of Hair aka Perlenoire, Shebapearl and her birth given name, Nadege said...

My baby locs just told me to steal that style when they grow up! lol It looks so beautiful!

Serving Christ said...

Elegant and beautiful, as usual!

Gigglz said...

Very nice style and neatly put together. I can't wait till i get can a ponytail first then move on to buns :-)

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

So chic and cute. Totally loving it! Thanks for the tip on the hair net. ;)

Maryee said...

This is cute! I need to try this.

Sheel said...

Happy B-Day! Another year, another blessing.

Babydoll said...

Your hair looks great!

nappyme said...

Ooohhhhh.... I love your swooped bangs. I'ma have to try this somehow with my twists.

Cute!

dewdrop said...

Thanks everyone!

@nappyme: I use to wear a twisted french updo (or something like it) with side bangs. Here is the picture: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2953/2714/1600/60179/twists.jpg However my bangs were still short at the time but I was able to pull it off somehow.