June 08, 2009

New Glasses & New Growth

Wow! I am amazed by how much new growth I have. My locks are definitely doing their own thing and looking so beautiful as always. As an early birthday present to myself, I bought a new pair of glasses only because I wanted a different look. I've seen many locked ladies sporting these kind of glasses while browsing through their blogs and albums, and they look so good wearing them with their locks! I remember how my consultant had a similar look and she looked so great rocking her brown locks and brown glasses. I always wondered about what kind of frames I would wear, or, would match my style once my locks reached maturity. Now I know!

My frames have the tortoise-shell design with a light blue and almost clear interior (if you look at the sides on top). The arms have a crescent moon on each side with little stars and when a light in the room shines through the blue part, it glows. (Get it? Blue moon?) Anyway, my frames are rectangular and very narrow but wide enough to fit comfortably on my face. I've received a few compliments from friends stating how much they like my frames and how well they fit my face. I agree and they are better than my last pair. I have a strong prescription but since I ordered hi-index lenses then they are thinner and lighter in weight. My previous pair of glasses were a little thicker and had a little weight to them since they were polycarbonate. I'm really excited about them and now I can say i'm part of the cool-glasses w/ locks club...lol! What do you think?

8 comments:

Penny said...

Looking good. U are a stunner. Beautiful lady! I have the black frames with a slight tint and some brown guess frames. I need a different pair of black glasses too. Locks and glasses honestly I think it makes us look like we are deep in thought about the politics and the plight of African americans. Nah... they just look good. I read that you had a singing engagement. Wow who knew you sing, run, and DIY and model.. Impressive. I know you finished grad school so make the degree work young lady.

Aya said...

How breathtakingly beautiful your locks are. I love the new glasses too.

dewdrop said...

@Penny: Thanks for your compliments. Yes, even though I finished grad school it is kind of hard to make the degree work during this economic downturn, but i'm doing my best and trying to remain hopeful. The good thing is that i'm able to pursue other interests in the mean time.

@Aya: Thanks!

Sereni-T said...

I love ur new glasses, they look really good on you. I love how glasses have the ability to completely change your look. I have 4 pair and want more! Pitiful I know>>> :o)

Spiral_Loc said...

Your new eye-glasses are cute! :)
Your locks are nice, as always.

Take care~
Spiral_Loc

My {home} computer crashed, but I managed to get my updated pics on my Album {link on my blog} ;)

Queen Nat said...

Looks good. I have a similar pair of glasses, but I just can't get used to wearing them. That's why none of my blog pics have them on! LOL

Kwasmrs said...

Looking good girl!!

Chinue*s LLL Philosophy said...

Your locks never fail to look amazing. Kudos on the extra growth. Nice glasses. They suit you nicely.