August 05, 2009

You know your hair is thick and dense when.......

.....you tighten your new growth and you still can't see your scalp on some areas of your head.
....when the only visible freshly tightened areas are your hairline and the nape of your neck
.....when the front row is in good shape, but it appears as if you neglected the remaining rows.


LOL! I just had to humor myself a little bit because my tightenings always end up looking a little different each time. My roots are definitely and noticeably fuller before and after a fresh latching, and I think it's because i'm working with my virgin hair versus my colored hair which has thinned out in some areas due to too much coloring. I've made this interesting observation the other day so i'll see what happens in a few months from now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been Sisterlocked for exactly 1yr and 1 month. If I gather my hair to make a ponytail, I cannot even fit my middle finger and thumb together in a circle around my locs. What's your take on this thickness? Do you think they'll get even thicker?
I like freestyling because my hair "boings" out of most styles, plus they get tight...
Just wondering what your observations are.

dewdrop said...

Gosh! You sound just like me because I have the same issue. I can barely fit half of my locks into one hand to begin with so maybe you are a step ahead of me. LOL! I do believe they will get thicker because that is what i've been told, and in fact they have thickened to nearly twice or trice the size. My goodness! On top of all of that i've changed my pattern from a 4pt. to a 3pt. which is a looser pattern that will cause the lock to expand more.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think I will stick to the 4-point because otherwise I eventually won't be able to fit through doors! (ha-ha).

Anyways, just goes to show that black hair has soooo many different textures, thicknesses, densities, etc...

Your blog is FANTASTIC, and since I've noticed that your hair is pretty much the closest to mine that I have seen online, all your postings have been very helpful.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Dewdrop: this is me again ("anon" about the hair thinkness/density above) but here is my blog: http://corazoncillo.blogspot.com/.
I haven't worked on it lately, but there's a few things in there that probably both of our hair matches up on.
Regards.

dewdrop said...

OOOhhh! Your locks are maturing nicely Anon! Thanks for the link to you blog and keep me posted. You may want to use add the "Follow Me" feature so that I can follow you. ;-)