September 04, 2009

Concert Crinkles


I really enjoy the creative and performing arts as many of my friends know, and on Sunday evening I was in the ensemble of a mini community musical called T.he.W.iz. Since my character was suppose to be this flashy/stylish/urban.chic diva with a mini-solo, I was trying to think of a cute style that would compliment my character but not draw too much attention to myself on stage. I was pressed for time and resorted to my basic cornrow braid-out style and left a few rows braided on the side. I wore white slacks, a black dress shirt with a white tank top underneath and some fashionable jewelry....talk about looking classic, chic and fly!

I was in a rush to make it to my call time and didn't even begin styling my hair, so I did what I had to do and unbraid my cornrows in the car while driving a manual car....not an easy thing to do at the same time. One hand was over my head unbraiding while the other hand was shifting gears and steering. Let's just say that I had literally 5 minutes to show up looking half decent before walking through the doors. My back up plan was to leave one side out and the other side braided, but it seemed like a bad idea after thinking about it so I kept unbraiding my hair determined to get each row out. I know that this style would have lasted me at least two weeks, but my seb. derm. doesn't allow me to get past one week without washing.

My concert performance was great and I couldn't be happier! I look forward to participating in more performances as they come.

5 comments:

Chasity CaTai said...

Beautiful

Kicukalah said...

cute as always.

Spiral_Loc said...

Nice, very Nice~ :)

dewdrop said...

Thank you!

Allecia said...

I love this! I've never tried cornrows but I really like the way this came out.