October 19, 2009

New Night Scarf




Disclaimer: I mean no offense or disrespect to anyone who wears a hi.jab for religious reasons. I'm simply sharing how I use it for my locks.

My locks have out grown my regular night scarves which are shorter, so I am using my new night scarf which i've been holding on to for about a while now knowing that it would be ideal for my locks once they've reached a longer length. When my best friend went to T.ajik.ist.an she brought back two lovely hand made book marks and a silk hi.jab. It's so beautiful and I could use it in so many ways, but I thought it was perfect for protecting my locks at night once they reached a certain length. Well the time has come. It's big, long, silky and perfect so I fold it into a triangle, wrap it around my head like a bandanna, loop the ends underneath past my neck and bring them up and over my head to tie them in a small bow. This hi.jab wraps around my locks like a cocoon and I don't have to worry about getting lint embedded in my locks.


7 comments:

SoulCry said...

Actually, that's an awesome idea! Especially since they are longer then most scarves. I'm going to look into it (love the design/colour on yours by the way).

Afrolady said...

That's a great idea. I will have to look into that myself. I am a bit of a scarf fanatic anyway.

Peace!!

Afrolady

Allecia said...

You also sleep on a satin pillowcase right? What exactly is satin made from? I bought a few pillowcases that were labeled as satin but the inner tag says 100% polyester?

Raxxie said...

its a gorgeous hijab.. anda great idea

dewdrop said...

Thank you!

@Allecia: The one I have is all satin so i'm not sure where you bought yours. You could always go to the fabric store and buy a yard or two of (bridal)satin and make your own pillow case if you know how to sew.

Free P. said...

love the idea!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dewdrop for the link..that makes perfect sense!!! Caitlin