December 11, 2009

Singing with Style

Singing with style



My community choir, known as Selah, had our first annual winter concert and it was a hit! I had volunteered to sing a solo "Agnus Dei" and I danced my heart out with our dance troupe. The morning of my concert I took out my rollers but didn't separate my curls. By evening my curls had dropped so much that they ended up looking......well, very loose. Anyway, I did my best to keep them styled, but they just looked expired before our concert even started and there wasn't much I could do at this point. These pictures were taken before the concert, so imagine how my hair looked after 5-6 hours. My curls were pretty much gone!  [Update: 11/20/2010 This was my last concert because the Lord led me in another direction with my music ministry.]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Thanksgiving
(Nov. 35 months): I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family and this time I just wore a simple style. You can't go wrong with a fashionable hair scarf if you want to jazz up your locks a bit without doing too much to them.Align Center
Freshly Washed
This is how my locks look after they've been washed and in these photos they are still damp. I still use two micro fiber towels (for 5 min. each) to soak up the water and then use a blow dryer to dry my locks. I'd rather not use a dryer, but if I wash my hair at night (which I try to avoid) then i'll make sure that I don't go to bed with damp roots.

7 comments:

*Coop* said...

Dewdrop, your pipe cleaner curls look AMAZING!
And the choir video was really nice. I can't hold a tune to save my life!

Nihu said...

As usual Dew, your hair is gorgeous.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Beautiful as usual!

PhePhi said...

nice & thick!!

dewdrop said...

Thanks! I'm trying to keep up with updating you on the progress of my locks before next year.

Naturally Sophia said...

Beauty and perfection...as usual :)

Felicia said...

Your locks are beautiful as usual, but your choir sounds wondeful!!!!