February 01, 2010

Video: Salsa Dancing w/ my Locs


I'll admit it. This was a failed attempt at curling my hair because I washed it the night before, dried it as much as I could (assuming that it would be completely dry by morning), rolled my hair and went to bed. The next morning when I took my rollers out, the back was still damp and had curled only a little bit while the front curled nicely. Basically it was half straight half curled and looked weird because i'd rather have one or the other, not half and half. After finger combing out my curls some more it still didn't look right, so I just tied half of my hair back and left it alone. Later that day I went salsa dancing with my friends and this is what my hair looked like after dancing for a few hours:

Before I left to meet up with my friends, I pulled my semi-curly locs up into a pony tail to avoid having them sweat out when I danced, and surprisingly they remained curly. Normally when I go dancing I sweat out any hair style I have like crazy. I added a cute flower accessory to my pony tail since it looked so plain and kind of stylishly-challenged, lol! This morning when I woke up my curls fell some more, but at least they still look decent. Check out this video of me salsa dancing with my locs (you can see it a little better in the video) and just enjoying myself. With all the spinning and dipping that I do, it's easier for me to keep my locs out of the way so that I don't accidentally injure someone with them if you know what I mean, lol!
---;--'-{@


19 comments:

Queen Lioness said...

AMAZING! Your hair looks fantastic and the salsa dancing - I'm simply speechless!

msfullroller said...

Girl, you and your partner had the floor! Very nice and looks like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dewdrop,

Your locks are beautiful as always. But I have one question. I'm a do it yourself when it comes to the top of my head in the mirror. However, how do you retighten the back of you head with out getting you locks tangled. I've tried 3 times and all 3 times I made a mess back there. So I've given up. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies!

@Anon: I section off my hair and work on each section at a time while securing neighboring locks with a clip to keep them out of the way. I use my fingers as eyes to feel around each lock as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi dewdrop,

Well I'm retightening now and it's not going so bad. I've taken my time. I think before I was trying to get too close to the scalp. Now I'm trying to get just close enough. Done about 40 locks in the back so far so good. Thanks for the tip

Anonymous said...

Amazing! You're hair is always beautiful, but girl, I had no idea u could move like that!!! I went to Panama a few months ago and tried Salsa dancing for the first time and boy let me tell you, I almost fell over my own feet!!!
That was so amazing, you truly love your Salsa! Keep it up!

Naturally Sophia said...

Look at you "Long Hair Don't Care"! LOL! You look amazing cutting the rug and Sisterlocks to boot. Your blog is inspirational. Thanks for your dedication to your blog; please send some of that my way.

Sweet Ducky said...

Absolutely Amazing! Times like these I miss California and the amazing salsa dancing to be had! You worked the floor like a star and you had an excellent partner who knew how to lead! Your hair as always was gorgeous!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Go girl! Salsa is one of my favorite dances! You look great!

*>Jewels<* said...

I wanna salsa so bad. Your hair looks great too! I love the ponytail...I'll be dreaming about when my locks are capable of a similar style tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dewdrop,

I so want to be like you when I grow up. You have a very warm and sincere spirit and shines through in everything that you do.

dewdrop said...

Thanks everyone! You all rock!

The Real Nique said...

Watch out now! You are looking really good on the dance floor! Work it girl! Hair is looking great and so are the moves!

Afrolady said...

I don't know what was better, your beautiful hair or your dance technique. You GO girl!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can see why you would sweat alot. You were moving it. I went out with some friends and tried to Salsa dance. All that spinning.. thank God I didn't trip over my feet. Your hair looked great also.

Shauna Renee said...

Beautiful! You did well!!!

3girlsmomma said...

Go, Dewdrop, girl! I ♥ it! What fun!

Trina said...

Girl you better work it out there on that dancefloor. I can't wait till I am back out there ballrooming. I would definitely like to add salsa lessons to my plate as well. You made it look so easy.

dewdrop said...

Thanks for the compliments!

@Anon: Spinning is no joke! I'm glad that I didn't fall over either, lol!

@Trina: Ballroom dancing looks like so much fun! We need to switch places, lol!