March 26, 2010

Twisted Attempt

A few days ago my curiosity lead me to combine my locks by twisting two locks together and even braiding a few. It looked great and I even had thoughts about leaving them in this way. After wearing my hair like this for a day they started to unravel, because I have some fat ends that would not cooperate. Then the thought of maintenance crossed my mind because of their size.
~
I realized that some of them were way to big to fit through my new growth via latching unless I chose to twist my roots. I think that maybe i'll have to pull one of two locks through the root one at a time if I latch because this is the only way they'll actually fit. It's a lot to think about, but at least I know what will and will not work at the moment.
~
The only reason I twisted them to begin with was to satisfy my curiosity, but how I plan to maintain them is still in the works. The next day I went and untwisted every lock (some had already untwisted) and I plan to leave them alone for now, but w
hat I could do is combine the locks that I know will stay and just leave the rest as 2HD's since some of them are really thin and I feel need more support. It's been one month since i'd combined them and I have new growth of course, but not enough to latch them. This is good though because I still don't feel like latching my hair right now, and i'm thinking that it'll probably be another 1-2 months before I have enough growth to latch anyway. At least this picture will give me a good idea of what my locs could look like when they grow out some more.

11 comments:

Fuesha said...

Yeah you can easily go 3 months before having to worry about doing your locs.

Yahvinah said...

I think that the new bigger loc look really suits you! I had to combine a few of my locs, and I have to admit, I really like they way it looks, but I am not ready to combine them all yet, too lazy I guess, :)

dewdrop said...

Thank you. I agree that bigger locs look better on me, and this picture gives me an idea of how big my locs could be once they grow out some more.

msfullroller said...

I like the "preview" of the new look. It's gonna look fantastic.

CycleBreaker said...

I love the look! I can't wait to see what happens.

LadyButterfly said...

Dewdrop,
No matter what you do to your locks they are absolutely gorgeous!!! Lock on! Thanks for being such a "Lockstar Inspiration :)

Newness of Life said...

I like the "twisted" look. Too bad they won't stay on their own. I know if anyone will figure something out it will be you!

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies.

@NL: I know, right? LOL!

The knotty Truth said...

4 some reason, you hair reminds me of mine, i wonder why, lol....
chele

dewdrop said...

@TKT: I was just thinking the same thing and I really think that your locks are gorgeous!

Aya said...

I used to wear two stranded twists before getting sisterlocks. Now I'll have to try them again with my sisterlocks in place. I love the look on you.