April 13, 2010

Easter Bun & Candle Dance

Happy Easter! Ok, I know i'm a little late and i'm playing catch up, but at least I still posted pictures. My church had a Good Friday service and I wore my hair like this because I was part of a Candle Light Dance, and we had to wear all black. I made this flower hair accessory and thought it would be awesome for all the dancers to wear one. So, my friend and I sat down one day and made several of them to give to each woman. So here is a picture of my
Easter Bun:


Candle Light Dancers

So these are the lovely women from my bible study/small group, and we danced with candles at our Church's Good Friday service. My friend and I choreographed the dance routine and we worked very hard with each woman to perfect it by April 2nd.
These photos of us in action were taken by our pastor and i'm standing to the far left. We became even closer through our rehearsals, fellowship and forming new friendships. What a blessing! I love each of them and we danced for God's glory. I reminded them to meditate on this verse for Friday: Let them praise His name with the dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and Harp (Psalms 149:3) and this verse for Sunday: For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son (Jesus), so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send His Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it. (John 3:16-17).
~~~
Yes, wax went flying everywhere and one of my candles fizzled out! LOL! The good thing though is that it's easy to remove wax from your clothing. Just place a brown paper bag over the spilled wax and then iron over it. This will remove it. We don't have a dance ministry, but my sisters were inspired to dance after I shared a dance piece that I did for my selah choir's winter concert last year, so that's how the idea came about. My Easter was low-key, but splendid and i'm thankful for all of God's blessings, provisions and opportunities to praise him through the arts. I hope your Easter was splendid too. =)

9 comments:

Hibiscus Niki said...

Look at my favorite Hibiscus flower in your hair! Love it! Your locks have so much character with the combining that you did, the sisterlocked ends, and the colored tips. I know that you are trying to stray away from the color but I will enjoy it while it is still hanging on. They look great!

Mrs. Honey Dip said...

That is awesome!

Afrolady said...

How BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I wish I could have seen it. I am in the dance ministry at my church, and even though I am one of the oldest, and have NEVER had dance training, being a part of that ministry has fulfilled me in ways that I will never be able to explain. If you ever have an opportunity to post your ministry on youtube, please let me know, I would LOVE to experience it.

Your bun was AMAZING. You GO GIRL!!

PEACE LOVIE!!

Nubian1 said...

Your hair bun looks neat and pretty.

Even though you have combined your locks to traditionals, they are still quite small. You are very lucky you have thick dense hair.

Keep up the good work on your blog. = )

Nubian1 said...

Your hair bun looks neat and pretty.

Even though you have combined your locks to traditionals, they are still quite small. You are very lucky you have thick dense hair.

Keep up the good work on your blog. = )

dewdrop said...

Thanks Ladies!

Afrolady: It was too dark to record, but at least we have photos. You're never too old or too late to praise the Lord through dance. Do your thing!

The knotty Truth said...

cant nobody rock a bun and a flower like you DD!
chele

Tee said...

I luv that bun on you. I've been looking for new things to do with my hair. How did you make it so neat and pretty?

Tee
http://teesnaturalhairjourney.blogspot.com/

dewdrop said...

Thanks TKT!

Hi Tee,
On my side bar look under "Labels", select "Products" then scroll down to the third post "Loc Bun w/ mesh doughnut". This explains how I make such a neat bun.