May 25, 2010

Braided Beauty & Candle Dance

My choir had our spring concert this month and I already had in mind how I would wear my hair.  My accent color was white, so I flat twisted my front locks and braided up the back the night before so that I would have an awesome braid out the next day.  I wore a nice big white flower in my hair with my white belt and crystal earrings.   I left my front twisted for one week and as tender headed as I am it was hard to keep them in.  I did not pull them tight at all, but they sure felt like it.  I also performed my candle light dance solo and the crowd loved it!



Below is a picture of my outfit and I wore this Turquoise colored eyeliner with a little lip gloss.  I never wear make up, so wearing this eyeliner was enough for me.  The other picture is of a few ladies in my choir, and they are awesome!



Below is a candid picture of me performing my candle light dance solo (with real candles), as well as my choir singing our hearts out (i'm on the left side...look for the arrow).  


10 comments:

Leah said...

You remind me so much of my sister in Cali! I love your blog. Simply gorgeous.

The knotty Truth said...

its fun to see you in your vibe. your beautiful sis! blessings
chele

The knotty Truth said...

its fun to see you in your vibe. your beautiful sis! blessings
chele

BlaqKofi said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Afrolady said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Allecia said...

You are a woman of many talents!

I took a while to respond to question about splitting locks so thought I'd respond here:

Unfortunately, my consultant does all the work so I really can't in good faith tell you how to split your locks. From my perspective, it seems like she just pulls the hair directly through the center of the new growth in a north to south direction and does this over and over again until a Y forms in the new growth. Right now, when she tightens my split locks, she pulls the lock through the center (which is now a large Y) over and over again until the lock curls onto it self. I think that's all she's doing but you would know better as a diy'er whether that makes sense.

dewdrop said...

Thank you ladies!

Naturally UniQue Sisterlocks said...

Drewdrop you are my inspiration girl! Just beautiful!

Shauna Renee said...

Loves it! So pretty!!!!!

rizzio said...

i like your blog :) your hair is so pretty congrats for the blog :D