June 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Dewdrop!

I celebrated my birthday this month!  My birthday hairstyle was very simple: I flat twisted the front and work a braid out.  I braided up my hair the night before only to lose my crinkles the next morning when I went on my b-day morning hike with a few of my hiking buddies.  The weather was very cool and misty, and despite wearing a bandanna the moisture in the air still affected my hair.  I wore a flower in my hair and I have so many of these plumeria flower hair accessories because my friends know how much I like wearing them with my outfits.
My friends took me out salsa dancing that night and my hair still sweated out a little bit, so the next day the top half of my locs were crinkled and the bottom half were straight, lol, but I had a blast!  I had bought I new pair of salsa shoes that I couldn't wait to try out because my other two pairs were worn out from dancing so much in the last 3 years. One of my friends also made organic cupcakes for me, sang the b-day song and made sure that I had a good time.  My best friend took me out for lunch earlier in the week and my parents surprised me with a strawberry short cake and C.F. cheesecake.

19 comments:

Natural High said...

Happy B'Day Dewdrop!

You look beautiful and sounds like you had a blast.

Fuesha said...

Happy Belated! Arent you loved :-)

You are so healthy and fit, im total opposite. One day soon i hope i'll get there.

Anywho your locs are coming along nicely. Cant wait to see what they look like when they hit the one yr mark

A Sista Who Locked said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! And happy belated birthday!!! You and all that pretty hair = ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

Euphoria's Sisterlocks said...

Happy Be-lated Birth Day, sound like your friends are great friends, your hair looks fine & I love he dress

Naturally Sophia said...

Happy belated Birthday! Uber cute dress and lovely salmon, yummy!

Denise said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Glad to see that you had a great time.

msfullroller said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like it was a wonderful day! Gohead on there Missy as you are looking hot in that dress!

CaribSun said...

Happy belated birthday Dewdrop. Your hair is looking gorgeous as always.

BlessedGemLady said...

Happy Birthday Dewdrop!! I love your updates as always.

E. RaMona (Alaiyo) said...

I know I'm late, but Happy Happy Birthday!!!

The Woman Inside said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

You look gorgeous and that salmon looks yum yum yummy!

The knotty Truth said...

happy birthday!!!

dewdrop said...

Thank you ladies!:-) *wub

Alise M. said...

Dewdrop,
First let me say Happy Belated Birthday. You look exquisite in your b-day outfit and I'm sure you and your flower struck an exotic pose as you salsa'd the night away.
Thank you for the kind words you recently posted to my blog. I's been awhile since the last post and I've been busy with work and going to school online to become a Registered Nurse. You asked how my locks I have. At last count I had approximately 419. I started with 525 but over the past couple of years the skinny ones were combined. Thank goodness. I don't do my own but I would love to learn one day. I have watched your video and believe I can once I find the time. Thanks for sharing.

The Real Nique said...

Happy Birthday Dewdrop!!!! Wishing you many more to come! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Kandgoods said...

Happy belated bday hun, sounds like you had a great time! x

nappy headed black girl said...

I know I'm mad late, but Happy Birthday, Diva! ;-)

Ms-gg said...

Happy Belated Birthday Pretty Lady! You and your hair are stunnas! (P.s, I'm coming to steal the flower and that dress! And maybe a loc or two lol) ;)

Ja'mum said...

What a gorgeous birthday girl!! And you've just given me the inspiration for my daughter's graduation hairstyle. We've been struggling lately with new growth and broken locs, so a flat twist should do the trick!!!! Thank you!