June 08, 2010

Two Headed Dragons



I had a few and very old two headed dragons, or should I say three and four HD's.  The picture above on the left shows a four headed dragon loc (my finger is covering the point of connection) and the right shows what it looks like after I snipped off two stems.  I had several of these locs and had to cut them because they were not making my reti's any easier.


These are the cut stems and as you can see they vary in length from one inch to seven inches.  The shortest ones are from when I first joined my baby locks, the medium length ones are from combining them again last year, and the longest ones are from several months ago.  I have plenty more of these stems all over my head and chose to leave them alone, but I had to snip these ones because it's hard to fit three or four stems through my new growth despite pulling them through one at a time.  



This picture shows one lock with an unlocked end.  Many of my locs never sealed at the bottom, but it didn't bother me as much since they didn't unravel.  My curl pattern is tightly coiled, 4c, cnapp and has a mind of its own!  I think that my coiled ends are absolutely cute and give my locs personality.  Every now and then i'll tug on some of them and watch them spring back into place, and other times i'll knot them up hoping that they'll seal eventually.  Either way i'm happy with how they are.  My locks are pretty bumpy and fuzzy, but this doesn't bother me at all because that's just the way my hair is when locked.  I'm not expecting them to always look neat.

18 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

Nice post. I don't think I've ever seen a "4" headed dragon. LOL! Are you saving your hair? Do you burn it?

anthia-ofo said...

I was R/T-ing my hair and thinking how bumpy my locs were. Also I have loads of ends like that and some bunching too. I'm
just leaving them be.

Felicia said...

You really encourage me to enjoy the freedom and the uniqueness of my locs!!!

dewdrop said...

@NS: LOL!! I actually did save it. I don't know why, but I haven't thrown them out yet.

@A-ofo: Good for you!

@Felicia: That's awesome to hear.

LadyButterfly said...

Simply beautiful!

Yahvinah said...

Wow, our curly Q's look almost identical! lol, oh and I linked to your loose strands vid on my blog, please tell me if thats ok! I did it straight from youtube, so it embedded it! Sorry, Im not completely sure about blogging ettiquette with these things!

Gigglz said...

I'm happy to read this post and see your curly q ends. I started snipping a few of mine of thinking that they will never lock and cause them to unravel. Since you're further in the journey I'm taking notice that I can just leave them alone. Thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

"I don't know what 4c+ means. This is not a Sisterlocks way of referring to hair type" (This is a statement from Dr Cornwell in reference to a question posted on the Sisterloks Guesbook on their website recently. How do you define type 4c hair?

dewdrop said...

@LB: Thanks!
@Yahvinah: Thank you and yes it is fine. I appreciate you telling me. :-)

@Gigglz: No problem. sometimes it's just best to leave them alone and let them do their own thing.

@Anon: Not everyone is familiar with it and based on the description i've read about 4A and 4B hair types, non of them describe mine. Therefore I have 4c hair, also known as tightly coiled, micro-spirals, cottony, spongy, C-napp hair. Under my lock links click "Cnapps" and that will give you a more accurate description of what 4c hair is. Hope this helps.

Kay exquisite said...

hey Kalia I just wanted to know what product you use to color your locks and if there are any you would suggest as a good permanent/ semipermanent coloring product. I really want to color my locks but I'm trying to find a product that wont dry out or cause a lot of damage in the process. Also any advice for the coloring process is totally welcome :-) thx

dewdrop said...

Hi Kay,

If you click "Color" on my side bar under Links, then I have a lot of information that might help you answer your questions already. Here is the link just in case: http://kalia-dewdrop.blogspot.com/search/label/Coloring For the most part I use Clairol's individual hair dye bottles (not the box ones).

Tee said...

nice post! my locks in the back have those curly q ends. oddly enough they are the ones that my consultant said would lock first. I guess they will since the rest of my ends are loose wavy and some even straight. I get a lot of inspiration from reading your posts.

BlessedGemLady said...

Wow Dewdrop, it's been a long time since I stopped by your blog -- your locs are incredibly beautiful, what progress! Thanks for always posting with such helpful detail & clarity.
Happy Birthday!!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Happy belated Birthday! Your locs are progressing beautifully! I had a lot of curl Qs,over matted and bunched ends. Last week, I took the scissors and went to cutting! I have a layered cut going on now but my locs look better,

Anonymous said...

I cut off all my 2HDs lol. I keep them in a bag for colour testing, there are around 40 in all.
I combined over the years from 400 plus to around 300 plus

Denny

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies!

@Denny: Your locks always look great no matter how many you have. That is a smart idea to use your snipped ones for color testing.

Anonymous said...

Some of my loc ends look exactly the same as yours. Wow that is amazing it's like looking at one of my own locs!

Jhera

dewdrop said...

@Jhera: I adore your locs! You're one of my inspirations and I feel the same way too when I look at your locs.