July 03, 2010

This In Between Stage

This summer I wanted to try more loc styles, but i've fallen back on my staple style instead....the braidout.  I've been wearing my hair either freestyle or in a braidout since May and I haven't been experimenting with newer styles like i've been planning to.  I think part of it has to do with transitioning into my new set of locs because they are a different size.  Once I begin braiding (plaits or cornrows), due to the size of my locs I will begin with a thin braid and when I finish I end up with a really thick braid. In other words, I start braiding with fewer locs (my combined locs) at first, but then I finish with three times as many locs in this same braid (from my old set).   I have this weird half straight half crinkled look and  I prefer one or the other, not half and half.

I think once my new set grows out several more inches then will have a more consistent braidout, so I just need to be patient.  In the mean time i'm working with both sizes and I kind of feel like my locs are in this in between stage in terms of size and sets as opposed to length.

3 comments:

QueenLi said...

Looking good,

Take Care

fatfriend said...

Your hair is so beautiful!

dewdrop said...

Thank you ladies!