September 15, 2010

Wedding Swirls, Curls & Twirls

My running buddy got married two weeks ago and she had the most beautiful ceremony ever.  It was a semi-traditional Chinese wedding filled with beauty, fun and entertainment.  I spent several days trying to determine what kind of style to wear.  After watching a bazillion YT videos on 'Loc Styles' and spending all night attempting to re-create them, I gave up.  My hair was too thick for most of them (which left me disappointed) and my locs rejected whatever bobby pins I tried to insert.  I just knew that I wanted to wear a 1/2 up 1/2 down style because I would be dancing as well and needed to keep my hair out of my face.  In the end I just put half my hair up in a pony tail, roller set the rest and made two side-swoop bangs in the shape of swirls.  There's my creativity! People loved my swirls and complimented how they looked just like flowers/roses. Cute, cute, cute!

 
The bride asked me to bless her at her wedding with a worship dance, so I chose this song (King of Kings, Majesty) and choreographed a dance routine to it to dance with two other ladies.  Her color scheme was hot pink (yeah!) and pistachio green.  I danced my heart out and even though I never received formal training, the Holy Spirit taught me everything I needed to know.  I did my part and He took care of the rest because people were very moved and they couldn't help but share their joy with me. Praise God! 
After my dance I had to quickly change into this lovely silk dress which I purchased several days before the wedding (lol!)...yeah, I needed a dress and I managed to find one to fit my tall frame at the last minute.  This was such an awesome day and I was left feeling joyful and very happy for my running buddy.

19 comments:

PhePhi said...

very elegant & beautiful.

rmcandlelight said...

I love it!! You look beautiful!! Having locks you really don't have to do alot to them to have a beautiful hairstyle :)

http://ohmysisterlocks.blogspot.com

Saabira said...

You know I have never thought about why I could never do the same styles that I see on YT. I always thought it was because my locs where short but when you mentioned that its because your hair is thick right and then I realized that that is my issue as well. I see alot of cute styles but they are done with fewer loc which condenses the hair and then when you try to do those same styles and 5xs as many locs its just not going to work. This hairstyle to sooooo cute! I am going to have to use this one for sure. LOVE IT!! The little curls on the side give it such character.

Karen said...

Very cute hair style... :-)

Mocha C said...

Love the hair! Keep praising him!

anthia-ofo said...

You are VERY creative. This style is pretty and glamourous all at the same time. Well my daughter's getting married and looking for Loc styles...I will show her this. She could do a variation.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

That is very cute and creative!

Yahvinah said...

your hair looks awesome! And Iknow your dance would have been great as well! :D

Anonymous said...

Love your hair style - simple yet so elegant, very pretty :0)

bejewelle

QueenLi said...

Nice, very nice~

Free P. said...

TOO CUTE DEW!!! I will also try another one of your styles..I'm such a style biter! LOL

CaribSun said...

Love the hair style. So beautiful.

CaribSun said...

Love the hair style. So beautiful.

KristinWithTwoEyes said...

Hey, gorgeous styles!

I actually have an off-topic question though: way back when, you posted about how you groomed your locks using scissors. You had great before and after pics, and I'm wondering what method you used specifically - did you trim the fuzzies along the length of the loc?


Thanks!

dewdrop said...

Thanks everyone!

@RMC: I just realized this after fighting with my locs to come up w/ a decent style, lol!

@Saabira: Finally, someone who understands! I am so glad you know where i'm coming from and what I have to deal with. And yes it's a little disappointing when you see a cute style which you can't emulate because you have too much hair to work with sometimes.

@OFO: I can't wait to see pics! (Btw, I like your last post about the story of your daughter meeting her soon to be hubby....very cute!)

LadyButterfly said...

Very BEAUTIFUL!!! Not only are your locks and hairstyle beautiful, but also the way you gave glory to God!!! It is such a blessing to be have inner beauty as well outside beauty. Stay encouraged to shine for Christ!!! Much respect!~

Euphoria's Sisterlocks said...

hey Dewdrop thanks for dropping by my site the hair color that I used was ION color Brilliance from Sally's beauty supply & beleive it or not the color I chose was dark brown because I wanted my transition to be as natural looking as possible but somehow I got jet black any way, to update my status it's been a little over a week now & I have noticed some brown highlights showing through so I think it's starting to fade (I hope not)because I would really love to stop coloring but time will tell

Chawn said...

Thank you for sharing. You are absolutely beautiful and it looked like your praise dance was a true blessing. It is blessing me and I was not even there. I love your hair too!

Chawn said...

Absolutely beautiful! The dance and your hair!