February 06, 2011

4 Year Lockversary!

Happy 4 Year Lockversary!

Thoughts:
My locs have grown longer, my new set is definitely getting thicker (about 3.5 - 4 inches of new growth), and my roots remain healthy.  Tightening my entire head in 4 hours and going through each section quickly is something I enjoy doing now.   My lockversary was last month, but I wanted to wait until I latched my roots to update you with new pics.  Next month (March) will be 1 year since i've combined my locs and  i'm guessing that my length is probably arm-pit-length now.  My locs still feel very light and I still use my paper clip hair tool  to tighten them every 4-5 weeks.  Want to see my loc progression again? Flash back to years 1-3.

 

I am very happy and looking forward to another year of rockin' my crown and glory!
______________________________________________________________

After Latching:
Last night is when I finally finished latching my new growth.  Nothing feels better than having freshly latched roots. :-)  I had wanted to style it, but I figured that I would wait because I needed to update my 4yr. mark with pics of the current length and size.


 Before Latching:
So this is 5 weeks of new growth disguised by curled locs.  By the 4th or 5th week my roots really puff up, become really fuzzy and have a mind of their own.  So, I make sure to style my locs (curls or crinkles) to disguise the obvious new growth or wear a cute hair scarf.

17 comments:

rmcandlelight (nailsbeautiqued) said...

Congrats!! Looking good :)

Afrolady said...

You are OFFICIALLY the LOC DIVA!!!....and my personal SHE-Ro!!! You GO GIRL!! Congratulations on a beautiful head of healthy yungins!!

Peace!!

Anonymous said...

Every year gets better and better. Your locks are gorgeous! :0) [Love the ringlets!]

Bejewelle

Naturally UniQue Sisterlocks said...

Wow Congrats! Your locs are so long at 4 yrs! So beautiful you keep me truly inspired! :-)

Queen said...

Nice, Very Nice! I "might" combine my locks within the next year or two.
Take Care~

robinc said...

Happy locversary! Your locks are beautiful! I will be 3yrs locked in April. I have to try the paper clip. I want to interlock every now and again(retwisting/palmrolling for 2 years). Some of my locks have fat ends and the medium nappyloc tool was not working. I think the paper clip may be my solution. Thank you for sharing your journey! peace&blessings~robinc

A Sista Who Locked said...

Very nice!! You have kept them up so nicely :)

Felicia said...

You constantly keep me encouraged to continue the lock journey. Congratulations!! I truly hope and pray that my locks grow up to be as nice as yours!!!

Ms-gg said...

Happy Lockversary Dew Drop! Your hair is so fabulous!

Expanding Beauty said...

congrats! Just reached my 4 year mark too! Can't wait for my locs to reach your length beautiful!!!

Twisted Weeve said...

Congrats. Looking just lovely (girl 4 hours), The length looks good on you too. I really like that curly look for the puffy roots, thanks for the idea.

TW

Penny said...

You are so awesome...I love your locks and your blog...

Meikmeika said...

From the beginning you took control of your loc journey and I admire you so much for that. Your locs are beautiful!!!

Happy locversary!!!

Miss Marita said...

Too cute! What kind of rollers did you use?

dewdrop said...

Thank you everyone!

@Queen: Keep me posted!

@robinc: Oh yes, you can adjust your paper clip opening depending on the size of your locs. It's great!

@Miss Marita: I used my locs loops, but i'm thinking about using pipe cleaners again at some point.

Anonymous said...

Belated greetings , time sure does fly and the locks have gone from better to even better

Denny

msfullroller said...

Beautiful and Happy 4th Loc-a-Versary!!!