April 02, 2011

Wedding Crinkles & Craziness!

A few weeks ago I attended the wedding of one of my good friends.  She looked beautiful in her dress and her locs were flat-twisted all around with cascading curls down one side of her face in the front.   The night before I came home late quite exhausted and ready for bed (after volunteering somewhere all day), and I was totally unprepared for her wedding early the next morning.  I hadn't thought of a hair style and I didn't choose my outfit yet. Since I was too sleepy to even care I had decided to quickly braid up my locs and wear a braid out just to keep it simple. 
 ~
The next morning I  quickly grabbed whatever dress was easy to slip into, grabbed my coat, shawl, heels and umbrella and headed out the door. Oh!  I forgot to mention that we had a huge rain storm, so the weather was very wet and frigid.  She had an  indoor ceremony (at the last minute) and I was glad because I didn't think that anyone was prepared for rainy weather that morning.  There's nothing like running out of your house in your little black dress with a pair of emu rain boots on, your purse and heels in one hand, an umbrella in the other, and using your shawl as a turban to protect your crinkles from the rain and moisture.... while rain and wind are hitting you from every angle.  LOL!!  Believe me, I was still very tired that morning and just told myself, 'Come on Dewdrop, make it work.'  In the end it did and I had a wonderful time at my friend's wedding.
Fresh Braidout
 So this is the result of my braid out three days before the wedding, but the roots had flattened by Saturday night, so I had to redo them for the wedding.  This is one of my staple styles that i've worn numerous times in the last month.  I really need to explore more styles.

13 comments:

Naturaleza said...

Yeah, you did make it work!
Love the braidout.

Nubian1 said...

You can never go wrong keeping it simple especially when you are short of time. The LBD (little black dress) every woman should have at least one in her wardrobe.

As always your hair looks lovely.

Yahvinah said...

LOL I thought you were getting married, I was like "WHATTTT!!!!" But you look lovely, and I think the braid out suits you! You should definitely experiment with some styles though, and keep us updated when you do, because I think they will look even nicer on your thicker locks!

Kreyola said...

Even though it was a simple style, it still came out lovely. I just love your length.

The knotty Truth said...

hot mama!

Saabira said...

You are looking great honey. I understand the simply style thats what Im all about too.

A Sista Who Locked said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

anthia-ofo said...

Hair and dress=perfect

CaribSun said...

Looking fabulous as always.

B said...

The locs are looking gorgeouuuus! I've been wearing crinkles for about 2 weeks now. BEST style ever!!

Naturally UniQue Sisterlocks said...

Beautiful! :-)

dewdrop said...

Thanks everyone!

@Yahvinah: I started experimenting and I agree that certain styles will look great with my thicker locks. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Late to the comments lol you look great, one can never wrong with a braidout, its my staple hairstyle as well ;o)

Denny