June 15, 2011

5 Styles in 5 Weeks Challenge

I'm just catching up with posting all my updates since March, so I appreciate your patience. ;-)  During the months of April and May I challenged myself to be more creative and wear a different hairstyle every week. 5 styles in 5 weeks.  It was quite fun.  In fact there was a sixth style that I really liked the most, and once I tried it I wore it for nearly 3 weeks straight (i'll post pictures and a video in another post. It's a really cute updo and I received many compliments for it).  So here are my 5 styles in 5 weeks:

 #1 The Spiky Bun
 It's an upside down bun, so instead of tucking the ends underneath I tucked them upward.  
______________________________________________________________

#2 The Cannoli


This style reminds me of a cannoli so that's what i've named it. I grabbed several locs from the front, wrapped them around the back, tied them into a knot, took the rest of my locs and made a pony tail but tied the hair band at the end of my locs instead of closer to my head.  Pulled the pony tail up and tucked it over and into the knotted part.  Then I tied a cute scarf around my head.
____________________________________________________________

#3 The Side Crown


I took several locks in the front and started rolling them over each other as I continued down and around the side of my head.  Then I gathered the remainder of my locks and made a side pony tail using a hair band.  You can also curl your ends or just leave them as is.
_____________________________________________________________

#4 Swoop Bang & High Bun

Leave a few locs out in the front.  Make a high ponytail and tuck the ends underneath to make a bun. Let your front locs fall over your forehead, cover them with your hand near the root and loosely fold the bottom half of these same locs up and over your hands then away from your face. You can pin it in place so that it doesn't lose it's shape or tie them down with a cute hair scarf.
_________________________________________________________

#5 Swoop Bang

Same idea as style #4:  Place a stretchy hair band over your locs, but leave some out in the front for bangs. Let your front locs fall over your forehead, cover them with your hand near the root and loosely fold the bottom half of these same locs up and over your hands then away from your face. Tuck the ends under your head band and cover them with a hair accessory, OR, tuck your ends around the hair band again to create a cocoon shape around it.

6 comments:

Oldine said...

They are all very cute =]

nicole is the new black said...

love the cannoli, very retro!

computerloveb said...

These are very cute styles you made me think of my best friend shes the know person I've ever heard say swoop bang lol
<3 it

Kittylocks said...

wonderful a=hair styles, you are always so creative.

Afrolady said...

LOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM!!

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies!

@Computerloveb: I've been saying swoop bang since I was in grade school, lol!