June 20, 2011

Crinkles & Curls

Summer Crinkles

 A friend of mine took me out for the day and we both did something cute with our hair.  She had her hair tied up in a very cute urban chic head wrap and I wore my crinkles with a summer flower accessory (plumerias are my favorite hair accesory).  I'm beginning to notice more length and I'm definitely liking the two-tone color in my locs.
____________________________________________________________
 ____________________________________________________________
 Curls

As I said, i'm just playing catch up with all my updates since March.  For Resurrection Sunday (a.k.a. Easter) I flat twisted one side of my head and curled my locs with loc loops.  As much as I like my loc loops I am finding that my curls last about 1.5 days and droop considerably since I have more length now.  I would like to try pipe cleaners once again because maybe it'll produce tighter curls and last longer.



14 comments:

Kreyola said...

I really like how loose and flowing the curls are with the lock loop. I know it takes a while to put those curlers in, but the look of that style is so pretty!! Looking forward to when my locks are about your length. As always, your crinkle & curls came out beautifully, especially with the yellow flower!

LadyButterfly said...

Just GAWJUS. I can't figure out which look I like best. My mind is made up on the curls but then when I see the crinkles, the are so beautiful too. They have grown so much. The color is absolutely beautiful as well. You are truly one of my lock inspirations. Thanks for blogging and please keep on locking!

Ms-gg said...

gorgeous!!!!

CaribSun said...

Your hair is looking beautiful as always Dewdrop. And it has grown a lot!

Euphoria's Sisterlocks said...

love, love, love the crinkles cant wait till I get that kind of length

Nubian1 said...

You look so summery and girly and sweet and preddy in yellow.....

Saabira said...

First your hair looks great. I love seeing the growth of your hair. It seems like I can see what mine will look like when its that length. Even though my loc are not as long as your I too have found that my curl dont last as long as they did when my hair was shorter, which sucks cuz that really the only styling that I do.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I don't think i'll ever get rid of my traditional locs..but if i ever have a lapse in sanity.. i'd 100% get sister locs.

Lovin Natural said...

Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

BlackValleyGirl said...

I am loving my new pipe cleaner curls! I'm nearly a month in on my first set and the curl is holding strong - even on some of my thicker locs in the back.

Love the flat twist!

dewdrop said...

Thanks everyone!

@BVG: Thanks for letting me know. I need to go out and purchase some pipe cleaners (and I tossed out a perfectly good set years ago because I thought I would never use them again after one attempt. Ugh.)

R. Katya said...

yeah, I'm loving your crinkles!
(and the curls) Nice, very Nice!
I am waiting {I have no choice} for my locks to get longer.
Take Care~
R. Katya
Queenlocks.com

Anonymous said...

Love your hair.

What type of locks did you start out with and how many do you have (if you have counted)?

dewdrop said...

@R.Katya: Thanks!
@Anon: Thank you. Years ago I started with SLs then combined them and snipped off my double dragons to form Traditional Locks (latched). I currently have 200+ locks.