June 15, 2011

Half-Marthon Race w/ Rain

In May I participated in the Pasadena Half Marathon and it happened to rain on race day.....again. ( Flash back to when I first ran this race in 2009 w/ soaked locs.)  They changed the course and I actually prefer this new course as compared to the old one.  It rained throughout the race but not heavily this time.  I crossed the finish line in 2:10.32 (2 hrs. 10 min. and 32 seconds) running a 9 minute/mile pace.  My 10km split was 57:35 and my 5km split was 28:31. I'm so proud of myself because I set a new personal record and shaved just 4 minutes off my time.  Hopefully one day i'll finish in just 2 hrs.


So my hair was another story.  My plan was to wear a cute curly or crimped style if it was nice and sunny or just keep it simple if it rained (normally I like to style my hair for my races, just for fun).  Since it rained, I just wore my locs half up and the rest down, because I wanted them out of my face and I wasn't as concerned about the back.  My locs didn't feel heavy and I didn't need to squeeze out any water, so I was fine.  The only semi-challenging part was the fact that my back locs kept falling past my shoulders to the front.  Here are a few pics of my locs up close.  I especially like this first one where they were just flailing in the wind as I crossed the finish line.


I enjoy running with my locs down, but maybe not so much in the rain (this was my first time running with them down).  If I plan to run another race in the future then i'll have a good idea of what to expect....depending on the weather.  I was contemplating wearing my fish tails but I didn't know if they would fit under my running cap in case I wore one, so I just opted to wear my hair down instead.

8 comments:

Naturaleza said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

You honestly have the sweetest disposition, you can see your blessings shine through, keep up the great work, you are blessed, enjoy your blessings!

paula said...

congrats, champ!

nicole is the new black said...

congrats! you look great and enjoying your accomplishment. locs look amazing as well.
www.nicoleisthenewblack.com

Nubian1 said...

Only Dewdrop can do this! I cant even run 5 metres without puffing and panting like i was going to kill over. lol

Well done to you. ; O

Mocha C said...

Congrats on finishing the race, and having cute hair at the the same time!

Kittylocks said...

Congratulations and well done on reducing your time. Even though your locks are soaked you look great.

dewdrop said...

Thanks ladies!