July 26, 2011

Shower Updo w/ video

I call this style a shower updo because about 3 months ago I was about to take a shower, but I didn't have a hair band to keep my locs up and I don't use a shower cap either.  So I quickly starting folding sections of locks over each other and just jumped in the shower.  When I finished I looked in the mirror and noticed how lovely it looked, so I wore this style for the rest of the day.  A few days later I made several attempts to re-create this look since I couldn't remember what I did, and then I finally figured it out. I'm adding this one to my list of staple styles because I really like it.  Every time I wear this style it never looks the same, but I think it's beautiful and great to wear in a casual or formal setting.  I don't use any hair pins or bands by the way.  These pics are from yesterday:



 
These pictures below show the style from the very first time I re-created it back in May.  Do you notice how different the style is in both sets of pictures?  You can wear a flower on the side, jewels or chopsticks.  I wear this style now when I go swimming instead of putting my hair up in a ponytail.




Below is a video tutorial demonstrating how to create this style step by step.  Enjoy!



7 comments:

rmcandlelight (nailsbeautiqued) said...

That's so amazing how you came up with a quick awesome style. :)

Naturally UniQue Sisterlocks said...

Thank you so much for this video! As soon as I watched I gave it a try on my shorter locks! I must say it came out very nice! I posted on my blog your youtube video along with pictures of my Kalia Dewdop's Shower Updo!!! http://naturallyyounique.blogspot.com/2011/07/kalia-dewdrops-shower-up-do.html

anthia-ofo said...

Thanks. I love quick easy simple styles.

predestined010 said...

I just read your whole blog right up until the first entry Iam a loose natural at the moment 15 months post big chop and Iam ready to lock but the only thing is I dont know if I want sister locks or traditional locks what would a little bit smaller than a pencil be considered? I love love love your locks and I just cant wait to set up my appointment for my consultation. As you I longer want to be a slave to my hair as it has gotten longer I have always been a get up and go type of chic and this fits my lifestyle perfectly.

dewdrop said...

Thank you ladies!

@NUS: Really? All right, i'm on my way to your blog!

@predstined010: Congrats on reaching your 15 month mark! My question for you is how do you plan to maintain your hair? Do you want to see a locktician or become a DIYer? TLs and SLs can be made smaller than pencil size (mine are, even as TLs).

SLs are high maintenance based on my experience. Consultants/Lockticians can tighten your hair in half the time you do it yourself if they know what they're doing, but be prepared to make a financial commitment and adjust your schedule to fit theirs.

As a DIYer, you can maintain your own locs anytime, at your own pace and it's free. I'm also a get up and go kind of lady with an active lifestyle, so having fewer locs (TLs) and being a DIYer accommodates my lifestyle much better now then when I had my SLs.

Ultimately, it's best to do what works for you, and this is just to give you an idea. Let me know what you decide to do. :-)

dewdrop said...

@Naturally UniQue Sisterlocks: (I had trouble leaving a comment on your blog so i'll just post it here in case you come back to read this). "You did such an awesome job and this style looks so beautiful on you! I struggled in the beginning in my attempt to re-create the style since I couldn't remember, so you're not alone. It's absolutely great to wear on a hot day! :-) ~Dewdrop"

ALL ABOUT NYCOLE said...

Thank You Dewdrop! You are a total inspiration!!!

Also big thank you for bring to my attention my post comments is not available...I'm currently working to fix :-)