August 24, 2011

My Hair Texture

I picked out the end of one loc and later re-braided it because it was too big and bulky to pull through my new growth when I latched my roots.  I played with it for a little bit and took this picture to show you what it looks like up close.  Most of my strands are tightly coiled and spiral like a slinky or double helix in an o-shape, and then I have a few that just bend in this z-shape.  The beauty of our coils still amaze me and how awesome it is to have such versatility with our hair texture. 

3 comments:

rmcandlelight (nailsbeautiqued) said...

Nice, Did you comb through it before you braided it back up?

Lenolia said...

Very nice! I love looking at our different coils!!

dewdrop said...

@rmc: Actually I didn't. I just left it as is and braided it back up. :-)

@Leonlia: Thanks! I agree. :-)