January 02, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar & Baking Soda Rinse

~August 2011~




ACV & BS Rinse
After reading about using apple cider vinegar and baking soda as a clarifying shampoo / rinse, I decided to give this method a try.  After I mixed both ingredients in a cup (1 tbs of ACV, 1 tbs of BS and 2 cups of warm water), I transferred the mixture to a squirt bottle and used that to saturate my hair and scalp. It's so much easier than trying to pour an open cup of the liquid all over your head.  I allowed the liquid to sit on my scalp for 15 minutes while I showered, massaged my scalp and then rinsed out the liquid.  My scalp was squeaky clean!!  I did this for about 2-3 weeks and then took a break because I realized how much it was drying out my scalp.  I've learned that it's best to space out the time frame when applying this method, so now I only do an ACV & BS rinse whenever I have major gunk in my scalp after an intense workout. I made sure to condition or moisturize my hair/scalp every time. 

3 comments:

TheNerd said...

Fantastic, I wanted to try this but was a little sketchy on exactly how to pull it off (I saw some people actually soak their heads in a sink to do it) As always great video!

You hair is so long OMG, looks great! :)

yahvinah

Ni said...

You can also mix the baking soda with your shampoo for clarifying...it's less harsh then with the ACV.

dewdrop said...

@TheNerd: Thank you! Yes my locs have grown so much. :-)

@Ni: Thanks for the tip! :-)