January 08, 2012

Dancing with Locs!

~August 2011~

Dance on! I joined a faith based dance troupe in June and we had a performance in August.  I was so excited because this had always been one of my heart's desires. We showcased troupe and personal testimonials through different forms of dance. I took a picture of myself and used that as my head shot for our show's program booklet. The show took place at a Broadway-style theater in H.ollywood. 

I kept my locs back in a low pony-tail only because I didn't want them to fall in my face considering how many dance pieces I had and costume changes I had to make. That night was so exciting and one of my best experiences ever! In case you were wondering, I don't have a dance background and i've never been trained in dance before. I relied upon the Spirit of the Lord to help guide me with my  creative expression and develop some technical skills through every single piece. I was very grateful.



Dance Testimonial: My solo dance piece was based on Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God, and about surrendering my will unto the Lord.  Since I am a fan of Latin dance, that's exactly the form of dance I used to express my testimony.

This piece was a battle/martial arts number about spiritual warfare (good versus evil) based on Ephesians 6:10-19.

This piece was based on the parable in Matthew 25: 1-12, and about waiting on the Lord.

This piece was about the celebration of life in Christ, and we wore classic church robes.

No comments: