January 08, 2012

PCM's Wedding & Bridesmaids Locs

~October 2011~

Remember PCM?  (Pink Carnation Maryann)  See post 1 and post 2 to refresh your memory. She was married in October and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids.  I was so honored because I had never been a bridesmaid before, so it was an exciting day for both of us.  She had a traditional Orthodox Jewish wedding, She wore a beautiful wedding gown, a veil with fresh flowers attached as a crown, and she wore a twist out.  After the ceremony she changed into a beautiful Victorian style dress for her reception. I was so happy for her! She looked very beautiful and expressed great joy!


My Bridesmaid Locs:  I used my loc loops to make small spiral curls that lasted for most of the day.  I spritzed my locs with water, set them with these rods over night and had some fabulous curls the next day!  My locs were arm-pit-length and I knew that my curls would droop by nightfall, so I made my curls extra tight.



These are what my locs looked like as soon as I took out my loc loops.


Then I finger combed them lightly to avoid having them droop too much by time the wedding started.

Before & After: This is how my locs look in the morning, and by nightfall (twelve hours later) they completely drooped.  My curls were gone! At least they stayed secure during the wedding.

No comments: