February 26, 2012

Nautilus updo

Nautilus Updo
My goal this year is to wear more updo's. I was inspired by Chescalocs Nautilus inspired updo and decided to try it myself. It took a few attempts only because I didn't have the right hair pins, and I think I needed more length to create the swirl in the back. I wore this updo to class one day and I received so many compliments. :-)
At first I had made my roll too tight, so I had to really loosen it up in order for it to properly hang/swoop to the side, otherwise it just looked weird. The swirl was a little challenging for me to make only because I had short locs sticking out everywhere, but after a few attempts they eventually stayed in place. 
I just wanted to briefly mention that my updo felt slightly heavy since all my hair leaned to one side. I wasn't expecting this to happen, but I guess that's what happens when your locs grow longer. Some updo's might feel a little heavy.

5 comments:

R. Katya said...

oH SO Nice, very NICE!!! :)
I just finished a roller-set, and now you gave me an idea for the summer months when I am NOT sitting under a hot-azz hair dryer!
(I need to update my blog soon)
Take Care~
R. Katya
queenlocks.wordpress.com

Terez said...

I really love how this turned out! You did an awesome job. Did it feel heavy? I don't have long locs, and I've wondered how updos feel with longer locs.

dewdrop said...

@R. Katya: Thank you! Definitely post pics. when you create this style!

@Terez: Thank you! To be honest, it felt just a little heavy since all my hair was on one side. I wasn't expecting that, but I guess that's what happens when your locks grow longer.

Cheleski aka KnottyAuthor Kicken The Truth said...

very pretty!

Anonymous said...

That looks so feminine and pretty!