August 18, 2012

Length Check

These pictures show you the current look and length of my locs.


My locs are currently between APL and BSL since they are naturally layered.  Since they have grown longer I do feel more weight, and it takes longer for them to dry.  I've been styling them less often and keeping my routine simple.  I'll wear a braid out and call it a day, or wear them half up.  Sometimes i'll feel the weight of wearing an updo, so I limit how often I wear one.   
~
Last week I had a moment of weakness and was prepared to cut my locs into a short bob. Thank goodness I didn't see a pair of scissors within my reach or I probably would have.  Instead of acting impulsively, I made a list of pros and cons for keeping my long locs or cutting them short.  I also thought about the emotional, physical and social implications involved in this season of my life.  Then I went to bed with the intent of making my decision the next day, factoring in that maybe my mood would change.  That's exactly what happened.  The next morning I felt like keeping my length, and i'm so glad I did!  If I had cut them the night before, then I might have regretted the decision because I don't think I was ready then.  I know that time is coming when I will want to snip off my old set, but I also want to grow out my new set several more inches.  For now I will keep my length. :-)

9 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Very nice length. They look good. I cut 2 in off my locs to get rid of bunched ends and even them out a little.

Expanding Beauty said...

Looking lovely. Yes when it comes to doing a drastic cut, it's best to really think about it. I'm glad I took the time to investigate within myself before I cut my locs so that I knew that was what I really wanted and not just an impulse.

Kay Jay said...

Glad you decided to keep that length! Your locks are absolutely beautiful! And I hope you get through whatever it is you're going through! *sending you positive jamaican vibes lol* <3

Kittylocks said...

This is a great length you will know if and when the time is right to reach for those scissors, like you I have been tempted and so far am resisting the urge Kittylocks x

dewdrop said...

@anthia-ofo: Thanks. I'm sure that your locs look much different now that you've removed those bunched ends. Sometimes that's all it takes just to give our locs a different shape, style, etc.

@EB: Thank you. I'm glad that i'm not the only one, lol!

@KJ: Thank you sis!

@Kittylocks: I'm so glad for your support and reminder. Thanks for your words of encouragement. :-)

The Woman Inside said...

Love your length! It is amazing to have watched your hair grow, over the years. I am a few years behind you, in the loc journey, and I can't wait to get where you are.

dewdrop said...

@TWI: Thanks! You'll be there in no time!

ZAR said...

Great hair and length. I'm eagerly looking forward to that time when my locs will get to that length. You inspire me Dewdrop. Stay blessed.

dewdrop said...

@Zar: Thank you! I'm so glad that you're inspired, and don't worry your locs will creep down your back in no time. You be blessed too!