August 25, 2012

Tightened Roots

These are updated pictures of my freshly latched locs.  As you can see, my parts are much bigger than before and unevenly spaced with different sizes and shapes.  These sizes do not bother me at all because I know that the density and thickness of my hair would cause these changes. My locs look so neat because I used the needle and thread method to embed my loose strands. I've had new hair growing in between my parts, and I wanted to sew them into my neighboring locs.
 These pics show the side and aerial view of my locs.  This is what it looks like to have 100+ locs.

(Above)These pics show the back and sides of my locs.  Of course my parts have different sizes, but that's because I have more density in the back and top of my head versus the sides.
 (Below) These pics show you what my 5 month old newly combined locs look like, as well as a close up of my healthy roots.
 


Below you will see comparison pics of my new growth since March 2012. Flash back to the first day.

10 comments:

ZAR said...

Hello Dewdrop. Your hair grows pretty fast. And it looks so healthy

dewdrop said...

Hi Zar! It sure does which is probably why I might need to tighten it more often. I'm excited about the healthy of my hair too. Thank you so much. :-)

Docs Locs said...

Hey, Just saw your vid on your second combining...you are motivating me to go for it and the shorter re-ty time...but my consultant won't have it!

Thanks for your encouragement on my blog. I think I'm ready to cut a bit...it's getting in the way...maybe some layers :o)

Andrea Stewart said...

Hi Dewdrop, I was wanting to start locs, I would like them small like yours.. did you start out with sisterlocs? Could you please email me at 1andreastewart@gmail.com

dewdrop said...

@DocLocs: As much as your consultant disagrees with your choice, in the end it's your hair and you have the right to say how you would like your hair to be maintained. Do what works best for you. Keep me updated on your progress.

@Andrea: Years ago I did, but then I combined them over the years. I will send you a message. :-)

R. Katya said...

Greetings! I just did my retightening, and a lock count.
I added a few pics to my blog:
*click name to see*
Your bigger locks look nice, very Nice! :)

Take Care~

Danielle Stringer said...

I want to start doing my own hair, but I put a knot in the first one!!!

dewdrop said...

@R.Katya: Thanks and I enjoyed your updates!

@Danielle: How are you currently maintaining your locs? Palm roll, latch, etc.

Danielle Stringer said...

I currently get my hair latched. That's how my locs were started...

dewdrop said...

@DS: I've put a knot in my loc before by accident. Is it possible to undo the knot? If not, then you might need to just leave it in there and be gentle whenever you latch your roots next time. That's what i've had to do when I couldn't undo the knot.