September 10, 2012

Video: Loc Knots

I've had a desire to experiment with Loc Knots for a while now, so one week ago I attempted to recreate this style.  I thought that my results were pretty good considering the fact that it was my first attempt.  Years ago when I went to visit my relatives in Jamaica, I saw a woman on the beach who wore loc knots and I couldn't take my eyes off of them.  They were so beautiful the way she did them (a little different than how it's seen in my video).  I was so curious about how she made them, but I didn't have the opportunity to ask her.  My cousin knew what they were and told me that they were called 'loc knots'.  So when I returned to the states, I didn't find many videos on the style until a few years later.  So now, I would like to share with you my attempt at making loc knots.

I made this style two weeks in a row.  The only difference is that with my fist attempt, my curls came out more crinkly/jagged (I made two strands twists before wrapping them up).  With my second attempt my curls came out more spiraled, which I prefer (I did not make two strand twists this time, and I think that's what made a huge difference with the shape of the curl).






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm going to have to try this with my sisterlocks!

Anonymous said...

Very well written post. It will be valuable to anybody who utilizes it, as well as myself. Keep doing what you are doing – for sure i will check out more posts.

Felicia said...

This is a beautiful style for locs. My computer as been on the blink and I have really missed your blog! Thanks for still being here.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Thank you, DewDrop! My girlfriend`s loctician does this to her hair. I was wondering how they did this! My curls do not hold anymore when I use perm rods!