December 25, 2012

Happy Nappiversary!!

I am celebrating my 9 year nappiversary this month and it amazes me that it has been this long since I transitioned from my last perm in 2003.  I didn't really do anything special with my hair since i've had a busy month, but I plan to celebrate in 2013.  The other day I thought about my journey over the years and realized that my hair and I had evolved in so many ways.  

I remember starting out my journey not knowing how to care for my hair, finding close to zero information about nappy hair apart from Nappturality.com, and relying on my own trial and error to figure out proper hair care and maintenance.  It's amazing how far we've come with sharing and receiving a plethora of information about natural hair care through different forms of media.  I am so thankful to God that He has helped me along the way, and continues to in order to become more informed, help others, be an inspiration, and encourage those through their own journey.  Thank you for love and support family!  I am 9 years nappturally strong and happy!!

~Dewdrop


~~~Merry Christmas!!~~~

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!! I am one of many who you have helped to define, accept and love our nappiness!! God Bless!!

Cheleski aka KnottyAuthor Kicken The Truth said...

Congrats!!I'm right behind ya! I BC 1/1/05...last per 3/03 or 3/04..I can't remember now, lol..I transitioned so long. That's how I do (wink!). Happy Lockaversary and New Years!!!! Cheers!

dewdrop said...

@Felicia: Thanks! It warms my heart to read your comment.

@Cheleski: Alright! Thanks!