June 08, 2013

6 Year Loc Journey & Announcement



I've been away for some time due to my grad school assignments, however I have taken the time to update my videos and share them with you.  To make a long story short, in Nov/Dec. 2012, I took down my locs and transitioned into wearing my hair loose. For the next six months I wore my hair in puffs and twists, and this month I made the decision to lock my hair again for my birthday.  I briefly explained this in the video, but for the most part this is a collage of my 6 yr. loc journey with a few highlights of previous loc sets that I had worn before.  The next few videos will show my take down process and loose hairstyles, followed by new videos and posts of my new Braid Lock journey.  Yes!  :-)

7 comments:

The Woman Inside said...

I can't wait to follow your new journey! I often debate whether to do Braidlocs or SL on my daughters' hair. Thank you, for all that you share and do!

Kreyola said...

Well I bias to smaller locks, so I think your new sets looks great. On the video you can't even tell it braidloc, you did an amazing job!!! Looking forward to following your new journey.

Anonymous said...

Dewdrop,
I'm doing the 4-point pattern on my braidlocs. Could I change the direction but still use the 4-point pattern.? Ex...I use 3, 6, 9, 12. Could I reverse it to 9, 6, 3, 12.???

Kittylocks said...

wow how courageous your new braid locks look fab, cant wait to view your new journey x

dewdrop said...

@TWI: You're welcome and thank you so much! I would encourage you to continue thinking about your options. Just know that whatever you decide to do, i'm sure that her locs will be absolutely beautiful and uniquely her own.

@Kreyola: Thank you! :-D I think you'll be able to see a better close up once i've posted my BL video.

@Anon: You could reverse the direction if you'd like. In fact, you can use any direction just as long as your pattern is consistent. What are your reasons for reversing the direction? Just curious ;-)

@Kittylocsk: Thank you!

anthia-ofo said...

Wow- I don't know how I missed all that. But it's lovely.

dewdrop said...

@Anthia-ofo: Thank you!