August 15, 2013

Kinky Twists Tutorial


 I wore kinky twists in my hair as my protective style for 1 month since I wanted to try a different style from my usual puff.  I used 5 packs of the Marley Braid extension hair because it's soft and light.  I also used perm rods to curl the ends and I dipped them in hot water for 2 minutes to achieve these curls.  My twists were too long, so I cut them shorter and re-curled them.  The picture that you see of my holding my hair to the side just shows you how I banded my hair for my weekly wash.  I made to big pony tails to make it easier to scrub and rinse out the shampoo from my scalp.  My hair grows quickly so after 6 weeks of having these twists, I had to take them down because I had so much buildup at the roots and it was not pleasant.



2 comments:

Cheleski of The Knotty Truth said...

these are cute..but you are teasing us...show 'dem locks!

dewdrop said...

LOL! I am playing catch up with posting my updates.