March 20, 2016

2.3 Years Locked

Last night I had tightened my locs and curled them up for today.  I was amazed by how good they looked and I just wanted to share some pictures with you.  They have grown so much and I am beginning to see their length.  My hair appears to be fully locked, including most of my ends, and so far I'm enjoying this journey.  I keep my routine very simple:

-Wrap my locs with a satin scarf every night
-Shampoo them 1/x a week and periodically use AVJ as a leave-in
-Spritz them with water as needed
-Tighten them every 1-3 months




I had also made a video that explains my journey so far:


11 comments:

Hesed.Zaon said...

Your hair looks awesome!!! I've been following your journey for awhile now ;0)

Cheleski68 aka KnottyAuthor said...

nice update! lovely set of locks, sis

glad heart said...

hey there dew drop your locs are gorgeous, good job!

Dewdrop said...

Thank you everyone!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

WoW! How did I miss this post! Your locs are gorgeous! You look very happy with them!

Unknown said...

Lovely locs. About how many locs do you have?

SkyyChild said...

Lovely locs. About how many locs do you have in total?

Dewdrop said...

Thank you everyone! @SkyyChild: I haven't counted them yet since I've combined them, but I'm sure I will eventually. I just wanted to give them enough time to grow out first. Thanks for asking!

Vintage Love said...

Absolutely beautiful sis!They look great. I just had my locs re-installed as well and will be doing my own upkeep. Question though: What rotation are you using on your locs? Same as with your previous locs?

Dewdrop said...

@Vintage Love: Thank you so much! Congrats on having your locs re-installed and becoming a DIYer. I am using the 4pt. rotation of N, E, S, W on my locs, so it is the same as my previous locs.

Cheleski68 aka KnottyAuthor said...

Dealing with being locked in professional....hood you visit!?